Another '03 Cobra crashes at Mustang Week in oncoming traffic.

skipnay

Established Member
Crashes or not, I'm sure everyone has done it. Just makes it worse when there was crashes. If you notice after the guy that hit the curb near the people, the people still sat and watched like it was nothing.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I have decided that posting these videos promote behavior at mustang week that is not only illegal but also is hurting an event I love. Therefore I have decided to remove any and all videos that are in conflict with this event. I have a lot of content such as the burnout contest, autocross, and fox body cruise coming to my channel in the next few days.

ericmuscle

Established Member
I have decided that posting these videos promote behavior at mustang week that is not only illegal but also is hurting an event I love. Therefore I have decided to remove any and all videos that are in conflict with this event. I have a lot of content such as the burnout contest, autocross, and fox body cruise coming to my channel in the next few days.

i can see how you would think that posting those videos would promote bad behavior, but i also think it could open peoples eyes at the results of careless actions. maybe you could title the crash videos "results of dangerous and idiotic actions." maybe watching these videos will make people think twice about trying to do a mile long burnout and knowing when to get off the gas pedal or just not doing it at all. people are gonna do stupid stuff no matter what, but removing the video like dumb people or accidents dont exist could possible do more harm than good. just a thought.

Last edited:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I'm still thinking about how to proceed in the future. But right now it's best to just completely remove the videos.

StangSteph

Established Member
We always go in and out of the mall at the other stoplight towards the south. Too much goes on at the main entrance to risk it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I talked to a few officers about the goings on. Their theory is that without removing the crowd along the road the mayhem will continue. Unfortunately they can not attempt to disperse the crowd unless the mall management requests that they do so.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I talked to a few officers about the goings on. Their theory is that without removing the crowd along the road the mayhem will continue. Unfortunately they can not attempt to disperse the crowd unless the mall management requests that they do so.

Could they put up caution tape??

xtremekustomz

Established Member
I see everyones point but at the same time it was pretty cool to watch and kind of the highlight of mustang week for some to see all the killer stangs take off from there. Really if you stand there and get hit you kind of deserve it. Nobody forces people to stand there so do it at your own risk.

TaraFirma

Established Member
I overheard some of the idiots standing on the grass commenting about the cops that were sitting out there on Saturday. They were bitching about how they were there to "stop people from having fun" These are the same type of morons that lose it pulling out onto the street. Unfortunately, they seem to be the majority out there. Those of us that can control ourselves, and our vehicles, seem to be the exception to the stupidity.

efrank033

Established Member
In this situation, the police really can't do a lot on private property without a complaint from the property owner/management.

Forget all the people standing on the grass bank... Forget signs and tape and banners. There were cops 4-5 cars at times parked in the median about 500 yards down the road waiting all weekend for burnouts and accidents then flying into sight and writing tickets and taking people to jail... I'm not making any excuses because what I did was retarded and I openly admit that. But if anyone involved in the production of that show was truly concerned about people's safety over how much money the county made in tickets then they would of had just one of the cops that were already being paid to sit down the road pull up to the redlight in the median in plain view and sit there with his lights on... Problem solved no burnouts no people on the side of the road waiting for burnouts and no accidents... Again not placing blame on anything I did but if you are looking for a solution to stop it that would be it...

skipnay

Established Member
Forget all the people standing on the grass bank... Forget signs and tape and banners. There were cops 4-5 cars at times parked in the median about 500 yards down the road waiting all weekend for burnouts and accidents then flying into sight and writing tickets and taking people to jail... I'm not making any excuses because what I did was retarded and I openly admit that. But if anyone involved in the production of that show was truly concerned about people's safety over how much money the county made in tickets then they would of had just one of the cops that were already being paid to sit down the road pull up to the redlight in the median in plain view and sit there with his lights on... Problem solved no burnouts no people on the side of the road waiting for burnouts and no accidents... Again not placing blame on anything I did but if you are looking for a solution to stop it that would be it...
Hate to say it but your opinion is totally false. Numerous times cops were in plain view and people still did it. Kinda like what's he going to do? Give me a ticket. O well.

ericmuscle

Established Member
Hate to say it but your opinion is totally false. Numerous times cops were in plain view and people still did it. Kinda like what's he going to do? Give me a ticket. O well.

exactly....idiots are gonna be idiots, removing the crash videos arent gonna change most people's driving habits, but could make semi-idiots think twice about doing ridiculous burnouts or crazy acceleration like we saw in the crash videos and some close calls.:eek:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wonder if setting up one of these in the middle of US 17 might discourage them:

DSC00006.JPG

03' White Snake

Established Member
I wonder if setting up one of these in the middle of US 17 might discourage them:

DSC00006.JPG

Hahaha I bet it would. :beer:

I would hate to see this event canceled because of this. Eventually the city is going to say no and not give out the necessary permits to put something like this on.

I've seen it first hand with the New England Summer Nationals in Worcester.

Users who are viewing this thread