annoying squeak

einehund

Established Member
So my car has developed an annoying squeak that i've narrowed down to the passenger side rear axle area. The squeak is definitely something rotating. The squeak is a very light chirp chirp chirp at low speeds and barely any throttle and seems to happen more when making gradual soft turns. I thought that my rear pads might be almost shot and that stupid squeal pin might be starting to make the noise, but i pulled my right rear caliper and there is still about 1/4" of pad both inboard and outboard. Not that than. I checked the shims that hold the pads in the caliper bracket and there is no way those are touching anything they aren't supposed to. I put the caliper back on and with the wheel still off, i tightened down a lugnut to hold the rotor, jacked up the entire back of the car and spun the driver's side rear wheel. I could hear the squeak coming from the passenger side once per revolution for 3 or 4 revolutions but then it stopped. I put everything back together and took the car for a slight spin around the block. 2nd gear idling (about 10 mph) and i can hear the squeak. Any ideas? It is super annoying.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Rotors don’t warp unless you fail at torquing lug nuts.

I would bet on axle/tube out of spec.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread