Android Double Din (Atoto n, Joying, Eonon)

GodStang

Established Member
wondering if anyone has run any of the Android OS double Din radios. If so which one and how do you like it?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Eonon's are known for being cheap crap, I'm pretty sure the Joyings are right up there with it. I'm not familiar with the Atoto. Most of these chinese headunits use the same hardware with similar software, I've heard from many that sound quality takes a back seat with something like this.

Avin is pretty popular with BMW's and they do offer a universal android unit. The company is also run by an American so you can get real support

7" HD Oreo 9.0 PIE PX6 Hexa-Core 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM Universal Double Din GPS Bluetooth

FWIW, I just put a Dynavin headunit in my 330i. Dynavin moved away from android and WindowsCE about 6 years ago and made their own OS. I can't do custom app installs like I could with an android radio (which kinda sucks) but it does have android auto/carplay and works a lot smoother than probably any android based radio for my application, especially the Eonon/Xtron/Joying stuff.

DSC_3269-X4.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
Thank Avon looks nice. I need one that runs Android OS to run Shadow Dash MS.

Eonon's are known for being cheap crap, I'm pretty sure the Joyings are right up there with it. I'm not familiar with the Atoto. Most of these chinese headunits use the same hardware with similar software, I've heard from many that sound quality takes a back seat with something like this.

Avin is pretty popular with BMW's and they do offer a universal android unit. The company is also run by an American so you can get real support

7" HD Oreo 9.0 PIE PX6 Hexa-Core 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM Universal Double Din GPS Bluetooth

FWIW, I just put a Dynavin headunit in my 330i. Dynavin moved away from android and WindowsCE about 6 years ago and made their own OS. I can't do custom app installs like I could with an android radio (which kinda sucks) but it does have android auto/carplay and works a lot smoother than probably any android based radio for my application, especially the Eonon/Xtron/Joying stuff.

View attachment 1635408

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Thank Avon looks nice. I need one that runs Android OS to run Shadow Dash MS.

I'd look into the Avin then, should do what you need. The fact that they have US based support is big, the guy who founded the company I believe was on e46fanatics.com back in the day as "M3Evolution".

Whatever you end up with, try to make sure it has at least a semi recent verison of Android. Some radios on the market are running like a 5 year old OS.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I run a joying unit. It’s 2yrs old and does the job. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SLOWBRA

Established Member
do you have it installed in a Mustang? Any pics? What unit?

I have it my 04 Cobra. For years I was against changing the stock radio, but it got old not having Bluetooth for calls and playing songs through an aux cord especially since this is our only mustang in the family where the entire family can fit in.

I bought this unit specifically so that I had a volume knob. It serves its function and is quite customizable. I even thought about updating it for CarPlay.

JOYING JY-UL135N2

View attachment 1635544
View attachment 1635545

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
i bought a single din for my vette LOL. only because the DD needs a whole new center console. they make some cool shit though, single din with touch screen. WTF where was that 20 years ago ...

Users who are viewing this thread