Anderson Powerpipe worth it running less than 10 psi?

SN95Cobra5.0

I am in the process of installing a V3 on my '94 Cobra. I have an Anderson Powerpipe but I am not planning on running more than 10 psi on the stock internals - I've read that the powerpipe is only good above 10 psi. So the question is: is the powerpipe worth the install or should I stick with the inlet piping that came with the V3?

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I don't see how it wouldn't be worth it compared to the flex pipe vortech gives you. The anderson fits well, looks good, and smooth flow is never a bad thing

99BOSS

Established Member
Two of my buddies installed one on each of their 94 5.0s. They both had a Vortech S trim, 8psi kit and just adding that powerpipe, they gained about 2psi. Very noticable seat of the pants gain and a gain at the track too. So yeah its worth it. Id love to have one on my Saleen but I just dont want to cut up the inner fender liner to do it.

2001cobravert

Established Member
Definitely use the Anderson.
If you're worried about the higher boost you'll be seeing than switch to a bigger pulley.
The stock plastic piece is too restrictive in my opinion.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
Superchargers and turbos are especially sensitive to restrictions on both the inlet and outlet side of the compressor, not to mention the engine itself. Normally, a much more appreciable gain will be seen on a force-inducted engine from restriction removal than what would regularly be seen on a similarly powerful naturally-aspirated engine. The Power Pipe is worth power even on a N/A engine, so, naturally, it will be worth even more on a force-inducted car regardless of what boost level you are running. What you need to figure out, though, is whether the power gain is worth the additional cost/work for you to add a Power Pipe at this stage. Personally, I'd add it, but I'm stupid with what little money I have!

SilverSteed

Established Member
Actually forced induction engines are more sensitive on the intake side side of the turbo/blower. Downstream of that the compressed air makes up for restrictions. I.E. A forced induction engine will see more benefits from increased exhaust flow.

Users who are viewing this thread