Amsoil

allgo90

Established Member
Search is working and I'm changing the oil in L tomorrow morning so sorry for the noob post....

Ive been running Mobil 1 and thinking about changing to Amsoil...who's running Amsoil and do i stick with 5w20?? -Thanks Jason :beer:

MJG

Established Member
I run 5w30 Amsoil, just personal preference, the 2v 5.4 motor was designed for 5w30.
As for the make, Mobil1 is fine too, pretty much all the synthetics are comparable, usually it's just the prices that show a big difference.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I run Amsoil because I think it is the best oil out there, and I can run 5w30 it in all of my vehicles and don't have to keep different weights around. I don't see a problem running the 5W20, but Ford only switched to it to help with CAFE standards, they did nothing to the engines to make them unsuitable to 5W30.

Taunto

Established Member
I run 5w-20 amsoil in mine.. works great. Im with Dr.Matt. I personally think amsoil is the best oil on the market and they stand behind it more than any others. If you blow ur engine up and you can trace it back to because the oil broke down.. amosil will fully recover all damages to the vehicle. I run amsoil in all my vehicles especially the truck. My truck has amsoil in everything.. from the engine oil to the rear diff to the brake fluid. I love it.. it gets pricey tho but in the end its worth it.

Im not cutting down mobile 1 or any others. its just my personal opinion. but like said above.. any big synthetic names will do real good for u

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Amsoil motor oil & ATF in my L & SD, Amsoil gear lube in all differentials on both, Amsoil grease in every zerk I own, Amsoil in my 4 wheelers, Amsoil in my snowmachines, chainsaw, pressure washer, generator....

Users who are viewing this thread