Amsoil Zrod 10w30

Zilairin

Established Member
I just wanted to get the opinion of the gurus here on the ZROD 10w30 for the coyote and if it is good or bad?

Z-Rod is specifically engineered for cars that are garage queens (show cars). If you have a car that is driven a few times a year, has the old school iron block with flat tappet cams, and you want to protect if from oxidation and corrosion.....Z Rod is your formulation. It's loaded with anti oxidation/corrosion inhibitors. Z-Rod is not recommended for classic cars that are driven more than 3,000-5,000 miles a year.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/greasy-spoon-418/859638-amsoil-z-rod-10w-30-a.html#post11943111

Zilairin

Established Member
Yeah, what he said ^

For the Coyote, you can't make a better choice than....

Amsoil ATM 10W-30 for cars that are not driven in sub 32* weather constantly

Amsoil AZO 0W-30 for cars that are

Yeah I just changed my oil to the AZO and out of the blue I am now getting this random ticking. I think it has to do with the timing tensioner cause it happens at idle very sporatic when the timing flucuates around 14 and then with light throttle when the timing is around 39-41. Sound like rattling ball bearings then. Literally happened the first start up after my 2nd oil change. First was amsoil 0w20 signature at 1500 miles then now 8k with AZO. Maybe I'll try the 10w30 since it is hot as hell here in Orlando. I've always used amsoil in everything except the occasional Motul. My baby is modified so I hope Ford won't pull my chain on this one. Or hopefully it goes away.

Zilairin

Established Member
Yeah I've been reading a lot on here about it. I just hope they don't try to blame the tune for this since isn't related.

mdelongpre

Yeah, what he said ^

For the Coyote, you can't make a better choice than....

Amsoil ATM 10W-30 for cars that are not driven in sub 32* weather constantly

Amsoil AZO 0W-30 for cars that are

I've been researching oils recently and I keep getting linked back to this forum and your username. Rather than start a new thread, I figured I would ask you here....

I have a '13 GT track pack, live in Texas, don't race but drive aggressive as my DD, axle-back, intake, and tune. I dont want to use MC 5w50 as shown on the oil cap. Is the 10w-30 amsoil my best choice if I'm going with amsoil? I'm coming up on my first oil change also.

Users who are viewing this thread