Amsoil Z-Rod

96cobracoupe

Established Member
Just wandering is anybody using the 10-30 z-rod oil in the gt500 I looked at the UOA thread but it didn't specify what 10-30 was analyzed any info appreciated

Thanks

96cobracoupe

Established Member
I forgot to add I am currently running the RD-30 but Amsoil tech told me that it is only to be used a couple of races and then dropped that it didn't have the inhibitors in it the other oils have so its got me confused so he recommended the z rod

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
*10W-30 is only suitable for use in the GT500 if you have a 170* thermostat installed and fan settings have been adjusted accordingly.*

Z-Rod is only formulated for cars that sit up in a garage for extended periods of time. It has added corrosion inhibitors that prevent internal engine seizing of parts while they are unused. Additive like this are not for cars that are driven frequently. Reserve a formulation like ZRod for that classic car that is never driven.

I forgot to add I am currently running the RD-30 but Amsoil tech told me that it is only to be used a couple of races

Bullhockey!

Circle track racers that race every weekend only change this lubricant every 4-6 weeks. When they dump it, the TBN content is still very strong. However, they beat those engines up so hard, they change the oil due to excessive levels of wear metal ppm and lead dilution from leaded race fuel.

Dominator has been proven for a 6 month interval or 5,000 miles, whichever occur first.

If a longer oil change interval is desired, you should opt for Amsoil 10W-30 Signature Series.

Last edited:

96cobracoupe

Established Member
I just changed to the dominator 10-30 would you drop the oil
Out or do you think it would be ok I'm making of 650 to the tire so that's why I changed

Users who are viewing this thread