Amsoil synchromesh or GM synchromesh for 3650

Danny281

Established Member
I want to change my transmission fluid and I am not sure which of the two use. I have used pennzoil synchromesh in the past on an 04 gt I had it held up well. I have read several threads on the subject but have yet to find out which of the two is better to run and if Amsoil synchromesh is safe to run in the 3650 or not. Is anyone running Amsoil's synchromesh or GM's that can reply back.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I use exactly what the manufacturer call so in spec, that way you can do no wrong, I just rebuilt a t45 that someone decided to get all arsty fartsy with and wiped all the friction surfaces off of the synchros.

4a7191a

Established Member
Mobil 1 and Lucas trans fix. The secret sauce.. Look it up on the registry. :). Can't remember the quantitys for the life of me, haven't changed my fluid in 2 or 3 years, lol.

Danny281

Established Member
After researching the subject on several forums most individuals suggest running GM synchromesh since it's the fluid Tremec recommends we use in the 3650. I have also read that quite a few members state that the secret sauce mixture is too thick for winter usage and it will cause grinding until the tranny had warmed up. Also most that have ran the secret sauce mix and dropped it and switched to GM synchromesh have had a smoother running 3650 and state they wouldn't suggest using the secret sauce but rather GM's. What I want to know is can Amsoil's synchromesh be ran safely in the 3650 since we know that Tremec already recommends using only GM synchromesh in the 3650. I ask because I'm sure that Amsoil's synchromesh is a better fluid and is only like $3 more per quart than GM's. I just want to know if it's safe and that it won't ruin the syncros. If anyone has had any experience running Amsoil's synchromesh in the 3650 or if you know if it's safe to run it could you let me know it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
After researching the subject on several forums most individuals suggest running GM synchromesh since it's the fluid Tremec recommends we use in the 3650. I have also read that quite a few members state that the secret sauce mixture is too thick for winter usage and it will cause grinding until the tranny had warmed up. Also most that have ran the secret sauce mix and dropped it and switched to GM synchromesh have had a smoother running 3650 and state they wouldn't suggest using the secret sauce but rather GM's. What I want to know is can Amsoil's synchromesh be ran safely in the 3650 since we know that Tremec already recommends using only GM synchromesh in the 3650. I ask because I'm sure that Amsoil's synchromesh is a better fluid and is only like $3 more per quart than GM's. I just want to know if it's safe and that it won't ruin the syncros. If anyone has had any experience running Amsoil's synchromesh in the 3650 or if you know if it's safe to run it could you let me know it would be greatly appreciated

Danny where you been man!!? you still got that mach? and why you changing fluids in it? I had thought about giving mine a fresh fluid change too let me know what you put in yours and if it makes a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread