Amsoil signature series or Dominator?

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Did the first oil change and tranny fluid swap 2 weeks ago. I honestly don't feel a difference, not that I was expecting any.

Also I used up all 8qts on my non track pack GT and it was still half a qt down. So I'm thinking it needs 8.5 qts. This is after running the engine to get the oil circulated. Then checked the dipstick.
My brother did put oil in the filter first, filled it all the way and then installed the filter.

You wont "feel" anything. You got a quality product though! :beer:

5.0Flareside

Established Member
The most you may feel/notice the trans shifting smoother since you did a trans fluid swap..

But not much else.. But you can know that it's a quality product that'll give better protection.

STANGDU

Established Member
Oil recommendation needed. Mods are in my signature. I've had the car for only 6 months. First oil change coming up. I've only put about 2500 miles on since I bought it as I don't drive it every day. I do drive it on nice days only here ( WA. state)during the winter months which are typically in the 40's with lows in the 30's. I will be drag racing it alot this summer.
Thanks.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Oil recommendation needed. Mods are in my signature. I've had the car for only 6 months. First oil change coming up. I've only put about 2500 miles on since I bought it as I don't drive it every day. I do drive it on nice days only here ( WA. state)during the winter months which are typically in the 40's with lows in the 30's. I will be drag racing it alot this summer.
Thanks.

Do you drive year round, or store the car in the winter?

STANGDU

Established Member
I drive year round. Only on nice dry days in the winter. Almost everyday during the summer, unless it rains. I will be drag racing it several (probably 5 outings) times this year to.

DHG4410

Established Member
Here is anther for you 99 cobra mostly all the bolt-on's, pulleys, short runner, headers . I only drive it in the Spring/Summer months and occasionally to the track.
Looking to move off the Royal Purple
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread