Amsoil signature series or Dominator?

et9secstang

Established Member
OK can you tell me if I am running the right oil,2007 Gt 500 built engine, broke engine in with 2 regular oil changes, The car doesnt get driven in cold weather, it does have a 170 stat, pedal is to the floor most of the time, maybe 500 miles a year,right now I am running 10/30 signature oil with ford racing oil filter, car makes high 900 rwhp ,Should I stick with signature? I drop the oil every 6 months because it gets run hard, thanks

5.0Flareside

Established Member
I'd personally go dominator with how your beating. A 900hp beast..

But a UOA would be awesome to see after 6 months of that on SS!!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
OK can you tell me if I am running the right oil,2007 Gt 500 built engine, broke engine in with 2 regular oil changes, The car doesnt get driven in cold weather, it does have a 170 stat, pedal is to the floor most of the time, maybe 500 miles a year,right now I am running 10/30 signature oil with ford racing oil filter, car makes high 900 rwhp ,Should I stick with signature? I drop the oil every 6 months because it gets run hard, thanks

Switch to RD30 Dominator.

No need for Signature in that beast. You don't drive it much.

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
If you are using the AMSOIL gear oil ,Add this to your order
AMSOIL Bottle Hand Pump

You have no ideas how many uses you will find for it.

I used to fill the transmission in my 05 GT

redrockett

Established Member
UB, What oil do you recommend for me?

I am running 10w40 Amsoil Synthetic Premium protection oil. I have a 08 GT500 with around 750rwhp. I drive it about 1000 miles a year to car shows and cruise ins and do go WOT at least once or twice each time I drive it. Most it would be driven is 2000 miles a year. I try to change the oil often though. I live in NC.

5.0Flareside

Established Member

I am running 10w40 Amsoil Synthetic Premium protection oil. I have a 08 GT500 with around 750rwhp. I drive it about 1000 miles a year to car shows and cruise ins and do go WOT at least once or twice each time I drive it. Most it would be driven is 2000 miles a year. I try to change the oil often though. I live in NC.

Dominator 10w-30 (item # RD30)as well.. More agreessive anti-wear add pack will be perfect for your low annual mileage

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

What thermostat are you using, the stock 192* or aftermarket 170*?

Dominator 10w-30 (item # RD30)as well.. More agreessive anti-wear add pack will be perfect for your low annual mileage

Depends on what thermostat he is running. I have confidence in RD30, it's awesome, but we must consider the climate and use of the car first.

However, in his car, I'd agree with you. It's street driven with some WOT bursts. Nothing a lubricant like RD30 can't handle. I honestly need someone with an oil pressure gauge and a stock thermostat to tell me what their hot idle pressure is. If it's higher than 20 PSI, we are good. Run it on stock thermostat, just as long as the car isn't road course raced for extended sessions.

esonu

Established Member
I just purchased the dealer portion 12month from amsoil. Does anybody know how long it takes to be active?

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I recently switched from RP to Motorcraft synthetic, and now to Amsoil. I became Amsoil preferred customer and run XL 10W-40 in my car, good for here in Louisiana. I couldnt be happier switching oil. Car runs cooler, smoother, and all around better.

I also read all of your other Amsoil posts UnleashedBeast, thats good stuff!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You know what, I'm really starting to like XL 10W-40. Had a couple GT500 owners test it, and the results were excellent. It also has a low NOACK Volatility.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Did the first oil change and tranny fluid swap 2 weeks ago. I honestly don't feel a difference, not that I was expecting any.

Also I used up all 8qts on my non track pack GT and it was still half a qt down. So I'm thinking it needs 8.5 qts. This is after running the engine to get the oil circulated. Then checked the dipstick.
My brother did put oil in the filter first, filled it all the way and then installed the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread