Amsoil Dominator Coolant Boost

So is Amsoil Dominator Coolant Boost really any different than Water Wetter, 40 Below or RP Ice Coolant? Is there really any benefit to be found in a 50/50 coolant mix in the radiator?

Also, how safe would this be for the IC system by running 100% water with this coolant boost in a car that actually sees plenty of street miles?

SVTDice

Established Member
I just did this over the weekend. It worked perfectly. 100% Bottled water (Reverse Osmosis) And Amsoil Coolant boost. It seems to work great, No foaming. Or anything of the sort. I shook the bottle it came in and the foam disappeared almost instantly. Just make sure you flush the IC System really well, I had to fill, cycle and drain my IC System atleast 6 times to get it clean.

By the way only use 2oz per Qt. Don't just throw the whole bottle into it. That's a common mistake I see some people do. It seems to help some, But I installed a Jabsco pump at the same time so I'm not exactly sure how much it helped. I can just tell you my IAT2 temp's are quite a bit lower.

Last edited:
Great to hear SVTDice! How manu quarts does our stock IC with oem IC tank hold again?

Been thinking about just going for it. My concern is always will the H/E and IC see accelerated corrosion by going away from a 50/50 coolant mix. I have a refractometer so making sure that the system just has 100% water won't be a problem.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I just did this over the weekend. It worked perfectly. 100% Bottled water (Reverse Osmosis) And Amsoil Coolant boost. It seems to work great, No foaming. Or anything of the sort. I shaked the bottle it came in and the foam disappeared almost instantly.

Good post, the primary difference between ADCB and Watter Wetter....

ADCB does not FOAM when air is present in the system. That's a huge plus.

My concern is always will the H/E and IC see accelerated corrosion by going away from a 50/50 coolant mix.

Will not happen with ADCB, it's the ultimate prevention additive when used 2 ounces per quart of water.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You still suggest it for the engine coolant system using a 50/50 mix?

I use it in the spring, summer, and fall with 100% water and ADCB only, no anti-freeze. *radiator and intercooler systems*

If you have a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze, you are only required to use 1 ounce per quart of water. It won't have the drastic results, but still helps. Glycol retains heat, hence why they call it anti-freeze.

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
Great to hear SVTDice! How manu quarts does our stock IC with oem IC tank hold again?

Well, To be honest I'm kind of shocked on how small our Intercooler system Capacity is. With my expansion tank and AFCO Pro H/E. I only used about a gallon of water TOTAL for the entire system. So honestly, Its probably like a half of gallon for your entire system. Maybe a little more.

Just make sure you flush it really good! What I did was Filled my expansion tank, Jumped my pump and had it circulate for 20 seconds. Drained it and Refilled. I did that process around 6 times. ( I used Tap water for the flushing process )

You really don't have too if you don't have the time and/or don't want to deal with the mess but my car needed it so I went with it.

Well, To be honest I'm kind of shocked on how small our Intercooler system Capacity is. With my expansion tank and AFCO Pro H/E. I only used about a gallon of water TOTAL for the entire system. So honestly, Its probably like a half of gallon for your entire system. Maybe a little more.

Just make sure you flush it really good! What I did was Filled my expansion tank, Jumped my pump and had it circulate for 20 seconds. Drained it and Refilled. I did that process around 6 times. ( I used Tap water for the flushing process )

You really don't have too if you don't have the time and/or don't want to deal with the mess but my car needed it so I went with it.

Thanks for elaborating. I'm going to do this at the beginning of next summer.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I use it in the spring, summer, and fall with 100% water and ADCB only, no anti-freeze. *radiator and intercooler systems*

If you have a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze, you are only required to use 1 ounce per quart of water. It won't have the drastic results, but still helps. Glycol retains heat, hence why they call it anti-freeze.
Your trusting that stuff exclusively in the hot summer months to lubricate internal cooling system parts (water pump etc..) on a 100% water mix?
I'm not that bold I do 80/20 with water wetter here in Fla..

SVTDice

Established Member
Have you ever felt antifreeze on your fingers before? Its like a sticky residue. On top of that, I always thought products like Water Wetter helped reduce the surface tension of water, Thus making it a better lubricant. So I don't think there should be any worries..? especially if the choosen product like Amsoil Dominator coolant boost is at the correct ratio.

But I may be wrong.

Been thinking a lot about the Amsoil Dominator lately for my ic system...

So I know the stock ic system capacity in qts but I'm not sure how many additional quarts were added to the system when I added my Afco double pass h/e. So do you need to be precise then in terms of adding the Amsoil Dominator Coolant Boost to this system? I mean is adding a little too much of this coolant going to render it ineffective? We're still in the high 80s in NJ so I'm thinking about draining the whole system and going 100% water with this stuff. Opinions?

SVTDice

Established Member
Been thinking a lot about the Amsoil Dominator lately for my ic system...

So I know the stock ic system capacity in qts but I'm not sure how many additional quarts were added to the system when I added my Afco double pass h/e. So do you need to be precise then in terms of adding the Amsoil Dominator Coolant Boost to this system? I mean is adding a little too much of this coolant going to render it ineffective? We're still in the high 80s in NJ so I'm thinking about draining the whole system and going 100% water with this stuff. Opinions?

I have Afco Dual pass, With a larger expansion tank and it took just under a gallon total. What I did was I flushed the system several times, Took a gallon water jug of Reversed osmosis water and poured it into my IC Tank just under where I wanted it. Then added the correct amount of Dominator. 2oz per Quart. I used half of the bottle in the IC tank. If its not exact I honestly wouldnt worry about it, Just don't use the whole bottle is what I'm saying.

Ontop of that, I would also suggest flushing the system really good. (Fill, Circulate, Drain, Repeat.) Took quite a few flushs to get it to where I wanted.

See, Done. Just for reference sake.
1 Gallon = 4 Qt's.
1 Bottle of Amsoil Dominator 16 Oz
2 Oz to every Qt of Water. = 8 Oz total (For me)

Last edited:
I have Afco Dual pass, With a larger expansion tank and it took just under a gallon total. What I did was I flushed the system several times, Took a gallon water jug of Reversed osmosis water and poured it into my IC Tank just under where I wanted it. Then added the correct amount of Dominator. 2oz per Quart. I then poured half of the bottle into the IC tank. If its not exact I honestly wouldnt worry about it, Just don't use the whole bottle is what I'm saying.

Ontop of that, I would also suggest flushing the system really good. (Fill, Circulate, Drain, Repeat.) Took quite a few flushs to get it to where I wanted.

See, Done. Just for reference sake.
1 Gallon = 4 Qt's.
1 Bottle of Amsoil Dominator 16 Oz
2 Oz to every Qt of Water. = 8 Oz total (For me)

Good stuff. :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Adding too much Coolant Boost is not a negative, but also isn't a positive. Adding more than required doesn't increase benefits, but also doesn't hurt.

Coolant Boost neutralizes pure waters corrosive and rusting properties.

Adding too much Coolant Boost is not a negative, but also isn't a positive. Adding more than required doesn't increase benefits, but also doesn't hurt.

Coolant Boost neutralizes pure waters corrosive and rusting properties.

Ok now i can breathe easy. I finally got this settled now. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread