Amsoil atf issues

Rambro

Established Member
Recently put this in my t56 and it's not liking it at all at higher rpm's. Before amsoil ATF I had cheap non synthetic merc 3 in there as reccomended by the shop that built the trans and never had a problem. Anyone else have issues with a particular type of trans oil?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Isn't higher Shift a clutch adjustment or venom mod? I have that fluid in my T56 and every now and then it's hard to get into gear from a stop and go. But that's all at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambro

Established Member
Isn't higher Shift a clutch adjustment or venom mod? I have that fluid in my T56 and every now and then it's hard to get into gear from a stop and go. But that's all at the moment.

I don't think it's an adjustment problem but I'm not sure. I know I never had any problems shifting untill I put this fluid in. Even the guy who built trans refused to put the amsoil ATF in it so I kept it and let him get the non synthetic. the amsoil has been sitting ever since so I figured I'd give it a shoot.

Rambro

Established Member
How do you edit a post on here anymore? I never had any problems untill I put this fluid in the car.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
How do you edit a post on here anymore? I never had any problems untill I put this fluid in the car.

If your on Tapatalk you click on your post. OP if it started after the fluid I'd change it and see what happens. Sucks because of how expensive Amsoil is. Maybe call them and see if they will send you something else to try?

bigmoose

Established Member
Weird. I went from synchromesh to amsoil ATF and my shifting is much smoother

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread