AMR Wheels....charcoal or black?!?!

whiplash306

Established Member
Guys....HELP!!!! I most likely will be picking up a red BOSS before long. Trying to decide on wheels and can't decide between these two - Charcoal or Stealth black AMR wheels. I'm concerned that the charcoal may be a bit too light and the the stealth black a bit too glossy black. Seems depending upon the angle you view the "BOSS" stripes in, they can appear anywheres from a dark black color to almost silver. So yeah, what do y'all think?????

To restate, this is NOT my car - just an example of the EXACT car I hope to have before long.....
D3F6FC28-2DE3-48E6-AF0C-774C4B2ECCED-1537-00000130594B284E.gif

4ED22829-9FB1-4171-B063-6B7976EB73E8-1537-0000013418365D76.jpg

CHARCOAL:
4B037B11-9D21-48A4-B25F-46E9281D7018-1537-00000133E5215AB0.gif

STEALTH BLACK:
4743908C-2189-4FC1-B093-79C40D35D870-1537-00000133DC7FD552.gif

straightliner1

Established Member
Problem is the damn stripe flips from a nice pewter to a black, so it makes it hard to match! With that said, I'm looking for a low-gloss black set for my GB Boss.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Well the tail-panel and taillights are always gloss black. With window tint(everybody has tint right lol) also black id use the black amr wheels since the stripes appear at least most the time.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Here is my Race Red 2011 5.0 with the charcoal (traded it for my Boss). I'm considering buying another set and I'd go charcoal again.

medium800.jpg

whiplash306

Established Member
Here is my Race Red 2011 5.0 with the charcoal (traded it for my Boss). I'm considering buying another set and I'd go charcoal again.

medium800.jpg

Are those AMRs or RTRs? I know they're extremely similar - just asking for reference. From the looks of your pic, it "seems" that maybe the charcoal is actually darker in color than what the picture that I posted of the wheel choices would appear, huh?

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Are those AMRs or RTRs? I know they're extremely similar - just asking for reference. From the looks of your pic, it "seems" that maybe the charcoal is actually darker in color than what the picture that I posted of the wheel choices would appear, huh?

They are the AMR wheels. Here's another pic...
medium800.jpg

Dadz500

Established Member
My vote on a RR car is a darker color, but not black. Many of the wheel companies will make them any color you want. You could go darker charcoal if you wanted, flat or gloss black, or somewhere in between. My Niche Wheels (MHT) are neither charcoal or black, but are machined finish face with a charcoal(ish) finish. On my last Roush I went with something similar but a tad lighter.

DSC_0005-15.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

They look almost silver here but that is because I went with the machined finish with the tinted clear over it, so much like the stripes on a Boss they tend to look a bit different in different light and angles. As you can tell I do not like the overly dark wheels though, I just feel it takes the detail away from a wheel that has some details and is part of the key element in the appearance of them.
DSC_0028-1.jpg

And just to give you one more idea, custom done, but black centers with a machined lip with a double tint to it on my Vette.
DSC_0022hre.jpg

And this one kind of shows what I am saying about losing the detail when going with black, you can barley tell what the wheels look here in a close up photo.
DSC_0001-15.jpg

Polished lip and black on my 12' Vert.
DSC_pstang17.jpg

And one more for you. Not a polished lip, but close with a charcoal center on my M3.
DSC_0056.jpg

I have more photos of any of the wheels if you want to see more detail as well as one more photo not loaded to Photo Bucket of the Niche Wheels on my 13' DIB Shelby, which totally changes the appearance of the wheels IMO.

Last edited:

NJSP117

Established Member
My vote on a RR car is a darker color, but not black. Many of the wheel companies will make them any color you want. You could go darker charcoal if you wanted, flat or gloss black, or somewhere in between. My Niche Wheels (MHT) are neither charcoal or black, but are machined finish face with a charcoal(ish) finish. On my last Roush I went with something similar but a tad lighter.

I have more photos of any of the wheels if you want to see more detail as well as one more photo not loaded to Photo Bucket of the Niche Wheels on my 13' DIB Shelby, which totally changes the appearance of the wheels IMO.

Great pics as always Matt...good to see you back in the Boss forum!!

NJSP117

Established Member
BTW, I vote flat black...I just picked up a set of flat black Forgestars for my GB Boss...gotta get them on there and snap some pics....I have the dark grey GT500 wheels on there, but wanted to try something in black. Here are the grey ones....

Image2.jpg

bpmurr

Established Member
BTW, I vote flat black...I just picked up a set of flat black Forgestars for my GB Boss...gotta get them on there and snap some pics....I have the dark grey GT500 wheels on there, but wanted to try something in black. Here are the grey ones....

Image2.jpg

Can't wait to see the pics, that's the wheel I'm looking to get!

Users who are viewing this thread