Amp/sound processor install...

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
In relation to my other thread, I am installing an amp (Boston Acoustics GT-275) and a sound processor (LC2i) to amplify my front door speakers (Kenwood KFC-c6894ps).
Thinking about placing the amp and sound processor under the front passenger seat or underneath the rear seats. Haven't dug around much. If anyone has any suggestions, comments or pictures on how to wire, mount, hide, etc. the LC2i and the amp please do so.
If it is easier to mount the sound processor behind the stereo and the amp somewhere else or something strange of that nature, I am open to suggestions, so long as someone can't step on either component.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
screw the processor and ditch the factory stereo, put a pioneer double din with 4v preouts and itll be sweeet

Last edited:

Pred_mech

Established Member
DSCN0171_zpsd6c9b5a7.jpg

92hatchlx

Established Member
screw the processor and ditch the factory stereo, put a pioneer double din with 4v preouts and itll be sweeet

I would like to put an aftermarket head unit in it, but the dash kit prices are ridiculous. Just looking to play with what I have for now.

Pred_mech

Established Member
I am using it for Subs. I used line taps to get the signal from the rear speakers. I ran a small wire from the amp power to the LC2i to power it. Then a wire from the LC2i to the amp remote turn on. I have it grounded under the seat and the wires run to and from the amp under the seat, they just come up from the back. Seats can still go up. I have a huge amp and it still works just fine.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I am using it for Subs. I used line taps to get the signal from the rear speakers. I ran a small wire from the amp power to the LC2i to power it. Then a wire from the LC2i to the amp remote turn on. I have it grounded under the seat and the wires run to and from the amp under the seat, they just come up from the back. Seats can still go up. I have a huge amp and it still works just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Pred_mech

Established Member

Pred_mech

Established Member
What are most of you doing in the front for speakers and amps and processors?

I have the Shaker 500 so I just put Boston Acoustics SE85s in the doors and it sounds fine. Its all in how you match your speakers capability and ohm/power rating to the head unit or amp.

For example, the door subs are dual voice coil 2 ohm speakers. If you put a 4 ohm speaker it wouldn't sound as good unless you amped it. Now if you replace a 2 ohm speaker with a better quality 2 ohm speaker, your sound should improve.

Snake40

Established Member
Wasnt sure if you were using something like the LC2 up front with an amp. I'm researching a system now. Thinking about using:
Bit Ten
JL HD900/5
JL C5-525x
JL ZR800-CW
JL SB-F-MUCUPE2/13W3v3
JL HDRLC

92hatchlx

Established Member
Should I tap front or rears for the lc2i or does it matter with our stereo?
I usually have the system faded all the way to the front, if it is faded to the front, I won't be able to get a signal from the rear speakers, correct?
If the signal is the same front and rear I can leave the fade in the middle and save the headache of trying to tap the front speakers?

I am only amping the front speakers.

Tispho

Established Member
Should I tap front or rears for the lc2i or does it matter with our stereo?
I usually have the system faded all the way to the front, if it is faded to the front, I won't be able to get a signal from the rear speakers, correct?
If the signal is the same front and rear I can leave the fade in the middle and save the headache of trying to tap the front speakers?

I am only amping the front speakers.

I tapped the front by attaching speaker wires to the factory front speakers leads, attached that to the lc2i, then pulled audio wire from the amp back to the front speakers.

Its a hassle. But just do it and you'll feel better about doing a quality job.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I tapped the front by attaching speaker wires to the factory front speakers leads, attached that to the lc2i, then pulled audio wire from the amp back to the front speakers.

Its a hassle. But just do it and you'll feel better about doing a quality job.

So you tapped it coming straight off the speaker is what you are saying? Just for me to be clear.

I may try and tuck it and the amp behind the stereo or under the dash, option 2 is under the seat and option 3 is in the trunk. Going to eat lunch and head out there soon.

For all those that have left pictures and comments. I really appreciate it!

Tispho

Established Member
So you tapped it coming straight off the speaker is what you are saying? Just for me to be clear.

I may try and tuck it and the amp behind the stereo or under the dash, option 2 is under the seat and option 3 is in the trunk. Going to eat lunch and head out there soon.

For all those that have left pictures and comments. I really appreciate it!

Sorry for the confusion. I did not tap it straight off the speaker. I tapped the wires going to the speaker right before the speaker. The front speakers are no longer connected to the head unit, they are connected to the amp.

GHjv6im.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread