Amerihood Are they any good. Any pics on our cars

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
In for results — I’ve seen their prices but also assumed they were crap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I just looked at that hood, the 2007-2009 version, and it has a "similar" look to my original Super Snake hood, "similar" meaning it has the frontal ram air opening and directs fresh air toward the CAI filter, and it has functional heat extractors but I am not sure how much "extracting" those slots and holes are going to provide for the vents and I am also concerned about the ram air plenum and how far it extends back toward the center area of the underhood.

Me personally, for "aftermarket" and a much more similar look to original, I like the TruFiber GT500 Super Snake and GT500KR replica's. <<They seem to have a very close look to the originals. That Amerihood Super Snake hood? Not so much....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is the bottom side of an original ram air and heat extractor functional 2007-2009 Super Snake hood.....

0013.jpg

Plenty of space at the upper rear of the hood for heat to freely flow out and a ram air plenum behind the front scoop area that does not get into the space where a larger blower would be.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
.........and a side-by-side comparo of the original Super Snake hood and the original GT500KR hood..........Similar but different.......

kr-vs-ss.jpg

20180202-092033.jpg

R

Attachments

• 002-2.jpg
    002-2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 106

Shaye Williams

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, kinder keen on the 10-14 super snake type hood. Saw a white shelby on one of the facebook pages and couldnt see much difference. The vents definitely look a bit different. I wonder whether you could buy the genuine vents and mount them instead. I really like the super snake hood shape. But price of a genuine one seems a bit high.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
An original 2010-2014 Super Snake hood from Shelby Perf. Parts is high in $$$$, and that hood does not include the heat extractor louvers. Also keep in mind that the original 2010-2014 Super Snake hood from SPP is not ram air functional, it has the opening at the front, but no plenum behind the opening to direct fresh air to the CAI.

Original 2010-2014 Super Snake hood shown below......

P10303211.jpg
P10303201.jpg
P10303221.jpg

Me personally, if my hood has what appears to be a ram air opening in the front, I want it to function and not just catch air like an obstruction to the air flow.....

R

Shaye Williams

Established Member
Yeah that was my pic outside of the supersnake one. Then i saw the amerihood which is so close to the super snake and has the ram air functional. Just was worried about qyality. But from what i have read the genuine ones arent that great anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread