American Racing Headers

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Is anyone running American Racing Headers on a 96-98? I spoke to the owner and he said the 1-5/8''s have been discontinued and they are only making 1-3/4'' now and with our trans cross member the X pipe isn't a direct fit. I am curious on how low the setup is.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
it's low- 1 3/4" is worth it anyways- but as for the x pipe- I ran into the same thing with the kooks mid pipe as well, but just as the dude from ARH will tell you- they'll make it work

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
my kooks mid pipe didn't fit worth a shit till I sent it back to move the 02 bungs. plus you have to use the AJE racing trans cross member. not saying it's not an amazing piece cause it is- but it's not an end all solution either. check out marylandspeed.com for pricing if that's the route you go though

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I will be swapping in a T56 at some point but I really don't want to replace the cross member now then need another one when the T56 goes in.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
the only reason for needing the different x member is because of the 02 bung placement in the pipe- do it all at once and you'll be trouble free

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I wish I could but I need a whole new clutch assembly and flywheel and the funds are hardly there for what I am doing now. If someone came along and bought my Vortech and short runner I would be doing a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread