American firepower

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Driving home from the gym today, I said F it and took the fun way home via the Autobahn.

It happened fast, I came on the A60 in 2nd at 45, and lo and behold a Lotus with two young German lads. It immediately was on, both punched it, and I didn't let off until my exit 4 or 5km later, I was around 168 when I let off...

I believe it was an 08 Elise, dunno if they knew how to drive it, but I put several car lengths on them. Smiles and thumbs up as they passed me by my exit.

yesterday I dusted a R32...but meh, it probably wasn't worth the gas.

SCMOKN

Established Member
Lotus what? Elise? Exige? Carlton? Espirit? Evora?

Driving home from the gym today, I said F it and took the fun way home via the Autobahn.

It happened fast, I came on the A60 in 2nd at 45, and lo and behold a Lotus with two young German lads. It immediately was on, both punched it, and I didn't let off until my exit 4 or 5km later, I was around 168 when I let off...

I believe it was an 08 Elise, dunno if they knew how to drive it, but I put several car lengths on them. Smiles and thumbs up as they passed me by my exit.

yesterday I dusted a R32...but meh, it probably wasn't worth the gas.

Reading is a bitch ain't it? :beer:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Op...out of curiosity..I have seen this lately where there is a Cobra or Camaro in Europe..just curious..did you have your Cobra shipped there or did you buy it in Germany? Always wondered how most people go about this..

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Op...out of curiosity..I have seen this lately where there is a Cobra or Camaro in Europe..just curious..did you have your Cobra shipped there or did you buy it in Germany? Always wondered how most people go about this..

I bought it here in Germany, however, the original owner purchased it out of South Carolina I believe in late 2003, and had it shipped directly here. So it's never been driven on American soil.

Will remedy that in a few years ;-)

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I bought it here in Germany, however, the original owner purchased it out of South Carolina I believe in late 2003, and had it shipped directly here. So it's never been driven on American soil.

Will remedy that in a few years ;-)

Many Amercian cars there? I know they are hung up on their BMW and Audi. Do they have any respect for Amercian performance cars?
I would doubt it...but I thought I'd ask..

BlackedSVT

Established Member
I see, that's interesting. What mods to you have done to your car? How is it driving a cobra in Europe? Turn a lot of heads? Is there a lot of cobras there?

Stage IV Port, 2.8 pulley, BBK Long Tube Headers, exhaust...yada yada. Haven't dynod it but I should be laying down in the 475-505 range.

Driving a Cobra in Europe is amazing. All the cars "we" look at, are the ford taurus' of Germany. So the Mustangs are the rare cars and VERY expensive here.

There are some Cobras here yes. I know of at least 6 other 03-04 Cobras in my area.

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Many Amercian cars there? I know they are hung up on their BMW and Audi. Do they have any respect for Amercian performance cars?
I would doubt it...but I thought I'd ask..

Driving on the autobahn with other mustangs when we have get togethers(not as often as I'd like) I feel like a rockstar, people wave and smile, and lots of people want you to spin your tires or give it some gas for exhaust.

There is a big racing scene out here as well, and really no matter what, we get outhandled, I raced a 500 series Mercedes and ran well, but then the autobahn started snaking and he was gone...and honestly it scared the be-jesus outta me, but the majority of the locals are great and just as enthusiastic about cars as we are. Sadly the import tax on Mustangs here prevents them from purchasing them most of the time.

I've always wanted to drive on the autobahn.. :(

It truly does not get old. very low police presence out here and very little restricted speed limit = fun driving.

USA USA USA lol:rockon:

good kill OP

Hell yea, Thanks!

BlackedSVT

Established Member
OP are you at Spangdahlem. Was this a Red Lotus Elise that you raced? If so, I work with the guy. He thinks his Lotus is the baddest thing ever.

Yea I'm at Spang. Yes it was red. I thought they were German....but maybe it was him.
If he remembers getting dusted before the Badem exit than that's him

03cobraracer

Established Member
ah the autobahn gotta love it, im over here in grafenwoehr myself, still want to ship my cobra over and tear it up, just waiting for it to get finished in the states. we have a huge car scene here alot of muscle lately rolling around. there a 2013 boss 302 at aafees down the street to for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread