Amazon makes me laugh sometimes!

olympic

Established Member
Ordered 8 spark plugs off Amazon for my F150. Nothing complicated right? Amazon thought otherwise!

What I ordered:

sp.jpg

Keep in mind I'm in Canada so the price is in Canukistani Pesos. A little high but no one local had them so whatever.

This is how Amazon shipped them:

ship.jpg

I had a little laugh at Jeff Bezos's expense but the best was yet to come! This is what showed up:

20201015_155950.jpg

So now I'm set for spark plugs for the rest of my trucks lifetime....lol! :D

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
LOL

I once ordered longer lug bolts for my Audi from Amazon since I was going to put on some spacers.

I was wondering why the box was bigger and heavier than I expected.

Even though the outer box was labelled lug bolts, what I actually received was a brand new alternator for a Lexus SC400/LS400.

At first I was going to call and complain, but I realized that the lug bolts were only around 20 bucks.

I ended up just buying a new set and sold the alternator to my buddy's shop for 90 bucks. ;)

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Wait,

You ordered spark plugs at $14 Each?

So you ordered 8 x $14 and paid $112?

Bruh, you ordered 8 boxes of 4.

My AC Delcos for my Tundra are like $1.04 each off Rock Auto.

Assuming you got a 2020 Coyote.

Screenshot_20201015-224503.jpeg

olympic

Established Member
Wait,

You ordered spark plugs at $14 Each?

So you ordered 8 x $14 and paid $112?

Bruh, you ordered 8 boxes of 4.

My AC Delcos for my Tundra are like $1.04 each off Rock Auto.

Assuming you got a 2020 Coyote.

View attachment 1667478

I'm in Canada, things are more expensive here. These plugs sell for about $12 each in local stores but none had stock. I could have bought them off Rock Auto for like $75 CAD shipped but wanted to get them ASAP. Also they had to be this specific NGK plug because I'm in the process of installing twin turbos on the truck.

Either way someone at Amazon screwed up, $15 for 4 is way too cheap. Even on Rock Auto they're like $28 CAD for 4 plus shipping.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
About 4 years ago I ordered a Daytona 3 ton floor jack from HF.

I came home from work one evening and there were (2) large boxes sitting on my porch containing (2) brand new Daytona floor jacks.

And here I didn't even know HF had unadvertised buy one, get one free sales. :D

quad

Established Member
I'm in Canada, things are more expensive here. These plugs sell for about $12 each in local stores but none had stock. I could have bought them off Rock Auto for like $75 CAD shipped but wanted to get them ASAP. Also they had to be this specific NGK plug because I'm in the process of installing twin turbos on the truck.

Either way someone at Amazon screwed up, $15 for 4 is way too cheap. Even on Rock Auto they're like $28 CAD for 4 plus shipping.
Amazon sent what you ordered lol! They did not screw up. It says in questions and answers that 4 plugs are included per box. You only had to order 2 boxes.

sparkplugs.JPG

olympic

Established Member
Amazon sent what you ordered lol! They did not screw up. It says in questions and answers that 4 plugs are included per box. You only had to order 2 boxes.

View attachment 1667481

Amazon.ca has it's own Q&A, separate from the US site. There are no Q&A's shown on the .ca page. All I saw was a bunch of reviews complaining that it was only one plug, not 4. The only hint on the .ca page that it's 4 plugs is down in the technical details which I didn't notice until I went looking for it after receiving 32 spark plugs...lol!

Untitled.jpg

quad

Established Member
Amazon.ca has it's own Q&A, separate from the US site. There are no Q&A's shown on the .ca page. All I saw was a bunch of reviews complaining that it was only one plug, not 4. The only hint on the .ca page that it's 4 plugs is down in the technical details which I didn't notice until I went looking for it after receiving 32 spark plugs...lol!

View attachment 1667496
Ok. Yes it can be tricky sometimes.

I really got screwed once ordering from a third party on Amazon that was based out of the UK. It was two storage expansion units for a Synology that came to about $900.

I failed to read all the reviews and thought since it was bought on Amazon it would be legit. It ended up being a scam and many people ordered stuff that was just not delivered.

Of course my card was charged right away. I made a huge issue with Amazon and they refunded me after about 30 days. But the whole process was slow. I dealt with people in Asia and they just told me to wait for the item. Even after I showed them all the bad reviews from months before.

So I learned a lesson. Be careful with third party sellers on Amazon.

scott_0

Established Member
funny they ****ed up and sent you so many, but I avoid buying premium spark plugs from amazon, too many stories of people getting fakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Amazon does do some dumb stuff sometimes, or should I say their suppliers do sometimes. Earlier this year I ordered $650 worth of light blue silicone material (for shifter gaskets). The color of the material they sent was dark blue and totally different from what was advertised. I called Amazon to complain about the color (which makes marking the roll with a pen for cuts difficult to see), and I asked them to pick it up and replace it with the correct color. They told me they were temporarily out of the lighter blue and that they would credit me $650 immediately, which they did. When I asked when they would have UPS pick up the material, they said that due to the weight they couldn't pick it up and told me to either toss it (???) or keep it at no charge. I kept it, of course. WOW! That made my day.

scott_0

Established Member
Amazon does do some dumb stuff sometimes, or should I say their suppliers do sometimes. Earlier this year I ordered $650 worth of light blue silicone material (for shifter gaskets). The color of the material they sent was dark blue and totally different from what was advertised. I called Amazon to complain about the color (which makes marking the roll with a pen for cuts difficult to see), and I asked them to pick it up and replace it with the correct color. They told me they were temporarily out of the lighter blue and that they would credit me $650 immediately, which they did. When I asked when they would have UPS pick up the material, they said that due to the weight they couldn't pick it up and told me to either toss it (???) or keep it at no charge. I kept it, of course. WOW! That made my day.

yeah as appalling as that seems, that is like a dropping a penny into the grand canyon to Bezos

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
yeah as appalling as that seems, that is like a dropping a penny into the grand canyon to Bezos

It's a numbers game.

What's it going to cost then to have it shipped back, put in inventory and then sold at an extreme discount?

All those movements cost money and eating $650 was likely the least cost best alternative.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It's a numbers game.

What's it going to cost then to have it shipped back, put in inventory and then sold at an extreme discount?

All those movements cost money and eating $650 was likely the least cost best alternative.
This isn't always the situation.

My wife ordered 2 sets of barstools from Amazon back in June, $770. They come in 2 sizes, bar and counter height. The ones she ordered said in the description Counter-barstools.

They sent bar height ones. She contacted Amazon and they agreed the wording on the description was poor and told us we would need to ship them back (at our expense) to get a refund. We checked and it was $600 to ship them back via UPS (2 huge boxes, maybe 60lbs each). Even with her 75% discount with Fedex we were still looking at $230 or so for shipping.

They are still boxed up in the garage.

scott_0

Established Member
AustinJ427 said:
She contacted Amazon and they agreed the wording on the description was poor and told us we would need to ship them back (at our expense) to get a refund.

so hold on, it sounds as if they agreed it was their fault due to bad wording, but they still want you to eat the shipping????

Users who are viewing this thread