AM I READY ?! tying to crack 750whp on turbo 4v

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
hey everybody, time to tune my 2001 turbo Cobra .

Im making this post hoping to hear some feedback on set-up and what I can expect from tuning. And If im ready to get my goal.

My plan is to make 750whp ish.

Later, after I learn how to drive this car I will throw race gas in with bigger injectors , stronger drivetrain and hope for 900+

Here is my current set up. Am I READY ?

Glenn's performance 1200hp kit. Full return style, sumped tank
D.s.s race block.
Arp head studs
76mm precision dual bb turbo
Stock heads, cams, ect.
60# injectors
Lightening maff with diablo mafia thing
Or I have a p.m.a.s maff I could use.
3in intercooler
3.27 gears
Snow stage two meth kit
Power pipe
Accufab throttle body
Sct tuner
3in exhaust

greddy boost controller and electric cut out .

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would install the bigger maf of the two. What does the rest of your fuel system look like?? I'll be you'll probably run outta injector too..

dogg502

Established Member
I would install the bigger maf of the two. What does the rest of your fuel system look like?? I'll be you'll probably run outta injector too..

my old turbo car made around 730rwhp on 60lbs injectors and that was through an AOD tranny. so u should be fine

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Ill look to find some 80#'s but I think the 60's should work for mid 700's. Im going to need thousands in upgrades before I can go with more power.

How much Boost ?
I was hoping some of the tuners in this forum would be abkdto tell me tha
I'd guess around 18-22 on pump.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Through experience 60's will be fine for 750 but nearly maxed out and especially in a boost application when maxing injectors
Out they tend to more likely fail. I have 80's running 30 psi through my mammoth which put more load on motor than turbo. I'm running 3 340 lph pumps return style which is a good mod im mot sure what all is in glens package but you get the idea your gonna need a i good flowing pump. With enough boost and timing on a higher octane you should easily put down 750. Hope you built your short block and put head studs in it other than that she's good to go. I don't like turbos that much due to there lag and lack of instant power. But should be fast. Pick a good tuner that knows diagnostics when something goes wrong on dyno. A lot of tuners no
How to tune but will not be able to tell you what to fix. Sense then I have learned how to tune by using Greg banish and sct books. Good luck !

Last edited:

dogg502

Established Member
Ill look to find some 80#'s but I think the 60's should work for mid 700's. Im going to need thousands in upgrades before I can go with more power.

How much Boost ?
I was hoping some of the tuners in this forum would be abkdto tell me tha
I'd guess around 18-22 on pump.

c/r has alot to do with how much boost its gonna take for 750rwhp. I went from 9.5:1 running 19lbs on twin 56mm turbos on a non stroked all stock minus forged internals 4.6 it made 730 on a soft tune (race gas)through a power eating 4r70w.....then a year later rebuilt the motor ended up running 8.5:1 c/r it took 29psi (pretty much maxed out the turbos) to achieve the same rwhp with the same tuner... moral of the story every little thing makes a diff.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
:beer:
c/r has alot to do with how much boost its gonna take for 750rwhp. I went from 9.5:1 running 19lbs on twin 56mm turbos on a non stroked all stock minus forged internals 4.6 it made 730 on a soft tune (race gas)through a power eating 4r70w.....then a year later rebuilt the motor ended up running 8.5:1 c/r it took 29psi (pretty much maxed out the turbos) to achieve the same rwhp with the same tuner... moral of the story every little thing makes a diff.

thanks for the post man, i cant agree enough with you enough.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Through experience 60's will be fine for 750 but nearly maxed out and especially in a boost application when maxing injectors
Out they tend to more likely fail. I have 80's running 30 psi through my mammoth which put more load on motor than turbo. I'm running 3 340 lph pumps return style which is a good mod im mot sure what all is in glens package but you get the idea your gonna need a i good flowing pump. With enough boost and timing on a higher octane you should easily put down 750. Hope you built your short block and put head studs in it other than that she's good to go. I don't like turbos that much due to there lag and lack of instant power. But should be fast. Pick a good tuner that knows diagnostics when something goes wrong on dyno. A lot of tuners no
How to tune but will not be able to tell you what to fix. Sense then I have learned how to tune by using Greg banish and sct books. Good luck !

so youve seen 750 whp out of 60# imjectors?

Users who are viewing this thread