Am I crazy for thinking of trading in my GT3 RS

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
I'm south of Houston and live right near MSR Houston. If you are a member there we can go make some laps in each if you like. I have a CFTP GT500 to compare.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen an Urus up close, and they live up to the 'exotic definition'; Rare + ugly. Dang, that thing is one shitty bubble mobile. Reminded me of a Tiguan with a body kit gone horribly wrong.

Better to have a Trackhawk if you need a speedy bubble.

The RS has a harsh setup but to me it's very livable because I don't expect much comfort out of the thing, I have a Urus if I want comfort and speed.

The only way I can actually put the GT500 to the test is to actually live with one for a day or two. Any Houston members have one, I'll switch you my RS for a weekend :)

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Personally I would go for the 18 991.2 GT3 stick.

If your going to sell the RS eventually its not a big deal make the trade. Im thinking you will lose more money on the GT500 though. Is the RS a stepping stone to something better, it won't kill you to drive the GT500 for a year or so until that something better comes out.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Owning a GT three for me is a dream car. I grew up around a 65 356 and a 71 911 T, but I also grew up around Shelby GT 350s, 69 z28rs, 70 ss chevelle (ls6). I will happily settle for the turbo cobra in the garage as my career choice will never afford a GT3

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Crushinator

Established Member
You only go around this world one time. Try as many cars as possible. I’m 47 years old and have had over 100 cars in my life. I never get tired of being behind the wheel of something new and different! Go for it! You can always buy another GT3.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw a Urus the other day and all I could think of was Pontiac Aztek.

Thats funny, I thought the same thing. I was behind one in traffic and thought it was super boring. I looked up the specs and apparently it is just a very expensive Cayenne.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy to compare those 2 but honestly for more street than track use, I’d probably prefer the 500. More comfortable more power more mod potential. But if I’d visit a road course regularly then it’s the opposite opinion.
If you really DD a Urus and own a GT3 you surely can test drive or even fly to Vegas and rent a 500 for the day and contemplate it on your first class flight home.
Just sayin’
-J

Users who are viewing this thread