Am I crazy for thinking of trading in my GT3 RS

Yousuf Chaudhary

Hey guys, I recently have not been able to shake the itch of the GT500 and have been seriously considering trading in my 991.1 GT3 RS for a 2020 CFTP. I'm a text book impulse buyer so I'm actually trying my hand of being reasonable at this. My RS is one of my favorite cars I've ever owned and it's been tuned to the bolts by GMG with heavy track focus.

But I can't get the GT500 out of my head. I wouldn't call myself a track rat by any stretch but I enjoy the occasional track day and everything I have seen/read shows that the GT500 is not actually as much of track downgrade but actually an upgrade for the use I get out of it.

I get that I'm talking to a bias community here but very intrigued to hear thoughts on if I need to put down the crazy pills and keep the RS.

Cheers boys!

FJohnny

Established Member
It kinda looked like you started weeping half way through writing that. Maybe you could consider picking up the GT500 and running it in tandem with the GT3 (assuming you have an extra garage space).

Do that for a year and you have your answer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus H Christ. Crazy isnt the word. Biden-voter level idiocy might be.

Come on man. A GT3 RS for a Mustang?

Ive got some bad ass beach-front property for sale in the coastal city of 29 Palms 92277. Hit me up, i'll sell it to you for a great price!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Come on man. A GT3 RS for a Mustang?
^^THIS!!!

I LOVE the new GT500, but I really, really LOVE the Porsche GT3 cars. One of my top three dream cars to be brutally honest with you.
I say keep the GT3 RS. Better build quality and it will retain at least some of it's value. Have you seen the prices of slightly used 2017 - 2018 GT3 cars? LORDDDDTTT HAVE MERCY!!!! lol

Yousuf Chaudhary

^^THIS!!!

I LOVE the new GT500, but I really, really LOVE the Porsche GT3 cars. One of my top three dream cars to be brutally honest with you.
I say keep the GT3 RS. Better build quality and it will retain at least some of it's value. Have you seen the prices of slightly used 2017 - 2018 GT3 cars? LORDDDDTTT HAVE MERCY!!!! lol

I absolutely hear what you're saying about the build quality and overall experience of the Porsche, but I'm not one for creature comforts (which the Porsche doesn't have anyways). I should clarify that it's a 2016 PTS so it's not the .2 generation either. Still an amazing car but I can't shake the want for the GT500.

I also have thought about keeping both but I just also bought a Urus so that's my "daily" currently that takes up the other garage spot.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I do not even like Porsches but this seems like an obvious nope to me.

EDIT: I clicked on this thinking that maybe there was another GT3 RS that I was not familiar with since no way if it was a Porsche.

Recon

Established Member
giphy.gif

This is the worst joke I’ve ever heard.

Pick your poison.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
You already have the GT3. You won't know if you prefer the GT500 unless you try it. Can always switch back if you don't, but you really won't know for sure unless you try it. Do it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
OP sounds like a poser who wants the newest, flashiest things to impress the boys at Cars & Coffee and pretend he is a race car driver at the track.

Yousuf Chaudhary

OP sounds like a poser who wants the newest, flashiest things to impress the boys at Cars & Coffee and pretend he is a race car driver at the track.

Absolutely not a race car driver partner, thus the conundrum I'm in with a track focused RS VS. GT500 which has track focused for when I do go but also more day to day drivability.

You are correct though, I have a lot of shiny toys. Recently just bought an Aventador SV Roadster and surprisingly not a super fan of it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Stop drinking buddy....... Its a Mustang. U own a Porsche 911 GT3 do I really need to go on? If u want a fast car that handles amazingly then buy the Camaro ZL1.

That Aventador is a real Turd I agree. U should sell to me cheap.....:D It really is a shame that car doesn't come with a dual clutch I just dont get it. The other models have it. Kinda silly their flagship car doesn't have the technology the other models have.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You absolutely should try to find a 2020 GT-500 within driving distance of you to compare it to your GT3-RS. If it were me, no way would I swap it for a GT-500. No comparison. Your call.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
ok nope, i couldn't get rid of that miami blue

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1668550

Here's a pic of the GT3 RS boys. I actually took it for an early morning run to the office and it really is unmistakable how much it makes me smile. Alas I think I'll have to find a local GT500 to Houston to really check it out.

HORY SHIT man. No.. no no. AND NO. Do not trade!

Users who are viewing this thread