Aluminator XS engine

BSB318

Established Member
Does anyone know what the actual horsepower and torque #'s are for the 5.0 Aluminator XS engine ?

I see a 500 + hp rating but no actual #.

How much power can this engine make safely on a 93 octane tune ?

Also , what is the max power a custom built coyote 5.0 can make safely on a 93 octane daily driver tune if you go all out with cams , head porting , etc. ?

I am thinking about doing an all out N/A engine with daily driving ability so i want to see what my potential is.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Nearly everyone in my series is either racing with a Coyote or switching over. I'm switching over. One of the guys was running the aluminator XS in his FR500S American Iron car. He recently put the FR500S back to stock and is now running a Boss302 with a "regular" Coyote. He said it made "about 425 RWHP" before detuning. Both engines were detuned for AI power levels which are about 375/390 at his weight. At my weight, I'll be running around 355/365 with the F150 variant. My budget is much lower.

The motors are killer because of the torque. They are making about 50 more ft-lbs than me exiting the corners. My 4.6 4V wasn't making the torque that I need for my rules package. I was at 353/333. I couldn't get any more torque out of it and had to detune it to keep the HP low to make the power-weight ratio work.

Last edited:

pufferfish

Established Member
jimmy, are you going to run a gt, boss or cj intake? seems a lot in AI are running the gt intake for the torque and lower rpm range to keep the motors alive.

the aluminator seems like a waste of cash in AI, where torque is king?

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Puffer-
Yeah, I actually considered all the options. I figured it was a waste of money to get a motor designed for lots of HP and then detune it (at double the $$). I plan to run the F150 intake since (based on what I've read) it's the same as the GT intake except black instead of silver.

Users who are viewing this thread