Aluminator Max PSI??

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ok, I have been researching this without much luck. I am looking at buying an Aluminator Shortblock. I know the ring lands on the pistons in the Aluminator are the weak link. What kind of boost are people running in the Aluminators? My car strictly runs on E85. The car will live around 700whp uncorrected 90% of the time with the occasional bump up to 900ish whp. My concern is that the pistons may not support the boost required to make the power(I'm guessing around 18-20psi). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Why not just get a motor from Holcomb or RGR? Especially if you are going to bump it up to 900whp; seems like the smart thing to do.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Why not just get a motor from Holcomb or RGR? Especially if you are going to bump it up to 900whp; seems like the smart thing to do.

I did get a shortblock from Holcomb. Was supposed to be completely new. It was 3 weeks late, the bock as cracked, he deck surface was damaged, the crank was rusted, the block had something dropped on it(or was itself dropped). I sent the motor back and was given a refund. Now I missed out on the season and my car is still in pieces. It should have been together in July. Im not very thrilled.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Ill be happy with low 9's@150mph.

Doable with Alumintor. Not the first time Blake has done that with a motor... Price might be cheap but then again so is the service shipping conditions too. Call Tim@MPR if u want a nice motor or JPC/RGR MY first hand experience with them both was very favorable and legit.

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Or just do pistons/rods. I've personally seen a car with pistons/rods doing 153 in the 1/4 on 20psi from an On3 kit. Stock block and what not.

stangn

Established Member
Not sure if it's true and my have been discussed already, but isn't the 15 block water jacket problem fixed? I'd use it and build that.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I would be more worried about lifting a head if you run more than 20psi with the factory TTY bolts.

BilletProShop

Established Member
Not sure if it's true and my have been discussed already, but isn't the 15 block water jacket problem fixed? I'd use it and build that.

basically the same as far as i can tell, part number is different but the block looks exactly the same, only difference i see is the the size of the frost plug for the front oil gallery , water jackets looks 100% identical

Users who are viewing this thread