Aluminator in gt. Pics and questions

2002BOSS

Established Member
Ok I built a new aluminator and put it in my foush fobra (gt). I have a 03 cobra harness but I'm using my gt computer and dash harness just modding the 2. I've searched and found many answers but still need help with a couple. A) do I need to add another coolant temp sensor to the system? B) I'm lost on what to do with the boost bypass cylinoid c) i would like to start the car and let it run for a bit before it goes to get tunned. I planned on running the 19 pound injectors and stock Maf to get it running then swap I the new Maf and 39s when I go tune it but the clips are different. What's the chances on it running with the 39s and no tune? Or do 60 pound injectors have the same clips as the. 39s or the 19s? If there the same as 19s many I should leave them in and just go to the 60 pounders for the tune? I'm running a dumped tank and return system when it goes to the tuner and I'm thinking the 39s will be at there limits anyways. Motor combo is. Aluminator block 04 heads and cams. Ported lower. Stage 5 eaton. Welded and ported plenum ported tb. Jlt cold air intake. And right now the stock pulleys are on but for the tune it will have cogs going for 17psi. It has a fords heat exchanger with twin fans aswell. I will link my build pics in 5. Thanks Jim.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Why do so many of you guys use the GT PCM and try and patch stuff together when there are so many wrecked Terminators all over that you could get a PCM and harness out of, as well as lots of other key parts too?

This truly is the hard way. It's do-able but since our cars are not set up like that you are going to have to get help from another transplanter.

The I/C pump is triggered by the PCM on a Terminator, I would assume after reading IAT2s. They do not just run 24/7. Yet they still burn out often enough to be an issue.

Does a GT PCM read IAT2s?:shrug: If it does great! Wire it the same as a Terminator.
If not I would re-think this swap a little bit.
IAT2s are pretty important, even beyond the I/C pump activation.

It also sounds like you are going to be on the edge of max duty cycle on your injectors before you ever even get the car running.

Last edited:

2002BOSS

Established Member
I was gonna run the 03 cobra stuff but in was told a very reputible tuner to just run the gt stuff since either way I need a tune. If I could find a harness and computer cheap i would do it just to not have to screw with the harness. Also tho. I m running all gt assesoriess and a new cooling system. To a point Im redoing alot of the harness either way. What. Clips would be on a common 60 pound injector? Thanks jim

DarkMach1

Established Member
Put everything that the car needs except plugs, have your tuner send you a tune just to make it to the dyno, switch plugs and tune.

my98stang46

Established Member
Theres no way in hell I wpildve spent the money you have so far only to hack up harnesses and chance electrical issues later. Find a wrecked Cobra and get what you need and enjoy the peace of mind knowing that you did the right way the first time. If you tuner is local he should be able to just write you a tune to get the car up and running to get the the dyno. You dont want to have to swap injectors on a hot engine...things could get dicey lol

Last edited:

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I have a couple terminator harnesses for the PCM if you are interested. PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread