Aluminator/3 valve block guys

Fopar

Established Member
So I have a 3 valve aluminum block in my car, I've been going through a whole host of belt alignment issues since I rebuilt my crank pulley... well come to find out (via another stock crank pulley) the relationship between the front cover surface to the heads etc is different with this block. I haven't been able to tweak my pulley back far enough to tell how much, but it looks to be at least .125" forward of stock. Anyone else run into this? I'm going to have to be creative to solve this problem for my application....
IMG_5585_resized.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the only difference should be that the terminator front cover has one hole near the water pump that won't line up with the block's pattern.

some guys drill a new hole in the block to the correct depth (too deep and you break through to the water jacket), tap it and insert a new correct bolt, and some guys just silicone the area to minimize leaks.

Fopar

Established Member
Ya I did that... still the front deck is further forward... I know I read someone else noticing the same thing just wanted to see if any other 3 valve block guys found this once they stuck a dayco tool on.

shurur

Established Member
Interesting.
I thought the Newmak block was a "copy" of the Teksid block, bolt for bolt....

But then we are talking about the Newmak as compared to the Terminator iron block.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yeah i was thinking that could only have been something up with your pulleys or cover, not the block or heads. they all have to have the same machined dimensions whether nemak, wap, teksid, rep, 2v, 3v, 4v or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread