~ Aluminator 11.0:1 CR

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Just curious...what's this engine worth Power wise over the Standard 5.0L engine that comes in these cars!? I have yet to see anyone install review on this engine.

Would you get more power cheaper by building up the stock engine through Livernoise/MMR/etc.!?

M-6007-A50NA
5.0L DOHC ALUMINATOR CRATE ENGINE NATURALLY ASPIRATED | Part Details for M-6007-A50NA* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

M-6007-A50SC.jpg

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Well hellion installed one of these engines in their car with just a valve spring and oil pump upgrade and made 1250whp on 23 psi but it was the low compression aluminator with their twin kit.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
This crate motor is a basic coyote motor with better rods, pistons, and bolts. Its not made to make more paower than a stock coyote motor without the addition of better cams, heads, fuel, etc. That is the exact motor I will be going with whenever I decide to build my car. I'm going Paxton very soon so I know the stock motor wont last forever.

bmore1186

Established Member
There is a 9 lb difference in package weight, but I don't know what the difference is versus true weight of either engine. Would a roughly 10 lb difference on the engine itself make a difference over all?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There is a 9 lb difference in package weight, but I don't know what the difference is versus true weight of either engine. Would a roughly 10 lb difference on the engine itself make a difference over all?

Those numbers aren't exact.

The Aluminator is a good engine. I'm not a huge fan of the pistons (distance from the top ring to the top of the piston is a bit small) but it will still hold a good amount of power.

Teej281

Established Member
Might even be down a few hp from stock due to using forged pistons and rods that probably weigh more than stock. Or maybe not less power but not quite as free revving as a stock coyote.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
What I don't get is ford racing intended the low compression aluminator for forced induction but most guys thinking about getting one are going to the high compression aluminator for forced induction. I'm pretty sure the high compression one was intended for high horsepower N/A applications..

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
What I don't get is ford racing intended the low compression aluminator for forced induction but most guys thinking about getting one are going to the high compression aluminator for forced induction. I'm pretty sure the high compression one was intended for high horsepower N/A applications..

the nice thing about HC is that we are able to run less boost and make more power. When I have to go built motor I will be staying with this CR and just run E85. I made damn near 700hp on 8psi and E85. Kind of a no brainer to me. Plus slagburn even said he wished he stayed 11.0-1. I cant even fathom how insane my car would be at that CR with a 2.9 whipple and E85.

alex12gt

Established Member

Im going with an 11:1 aluminator......with the tvs you are limited to how much boost you can run but staying with 11:1 im not going to have to boost it to all hell out of it....now if i was building twin turbo car and could make endless boost then id do lower comp

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I know with the higher compression one can reach there power goals with less boost then the lower compression. I assume maybe the low compression was intended for high boost 1000 plus HP applications..

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
I know with the higher compression one can reach there power goals with less boost then the lower compression. I assume maybe the low compression was intended for high boost 1000 plus HP applications..

Maybe not intended for it but seems to be working out that way

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I would only use the low CR version with a pair of good sized turbos, 4.0 Whipple or big Kenne Bell, some of the larger centrifugals.

All those power adders have one thing in common, ability to move a crap ton of air. With a 'normal' sized boostmaker, a point or more in CR drop is going to take away some power-making ability.

The next engine my 2.9 Whipple goes on will be 11:1, but also take into account the thin air up here makes that act more like 10:1.

2012csgt

Established Member
If you do a build with Manley rods and pistons, your choice is 9.0:1, 10.1:1, or 11.5:1. I am thinking with low boost, under 10psi from a centi, the 11.5:1 would work great.

Teej281

Established Member

I mean, if they were meaning the 11:1 n/a shortblock for high hp n/a applications, they would not be leaving it 11:1. They'd be marketing it as a 12:1+ compression shortblock honestly. And the wonderful thing about these new Ti-VCT motors is the fact that you can change the effective compression ratio by cam timing. So you can have the high compression for normal causal driving and you can arrange the timing while in boost to not have such high cylinder pressure to prevent detonation. Previously, you would need race gas or E85 to suppress pre-ignition. But now with variable cam timing and such, you can play with timing and such to keep everything in check, to an extent.

If you do a build with Manley rods and pistons, your choice is 9.0:1, 10.1:1, or 11.5:1. I am thinking with low boost, under 10psi from a centi, the 11.5:1 would work great.

:rockon: Also I would say a turbo application would rock with that kind of compression! Off boost drivability would be wonderful, unlike in earlier years where you'd have to put up with really low compression and lag and less than adequate power off boost.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I'm going with the Manley 1k hp rotating assembly in a few months. They have the stock CR available but its just not listed on the website (at least that's what they told me) I'm sticking with the stock CR for more power on less boost. BTW has anyone maxed out the Vortech kit yet?

Users who are viewing this thread