Alternator relocation?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Okay so I’m looking to put my alternator down low. I dont want it on top, like the 99-01 cobras or 99-04 Mach 1’s. I would like to put the alt where the ac unit was and maybe where the power steering pump was. Or even where the alt was on the car originally(03 cobra)

I see that MMR sells a alt relocation bracket, has anyone used it before? I’m gonna give them a call here and ask some questions on it. Just seeing if anyone has any experience in this.

Thanks.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I had to email MMR’s “ engine builder” and this is the response I was given. Not sure I’m going to run out and buy there bracket.

Hello Sir,

There are many configurations that this bracket will allow. You will have to figure out a belt size as well as routing. The bracket allows you to mount the alternator in the specified location. The rest is up to you.

Thank You,

Greg Seth-Hunter
Modular Motorsports Racing
805-383-4130

CustomX

Established Member
I'm in the middle of relocating mine, I'm having trouble keeping belts on mine due to the stock alternator bracket flexing. Belt you should need is a K060950 for the inner drive assuming all of the factory stuff is there.

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
So I’m running a 1999 cobra front timing cover. Only accessories are water pump and alternator. Have the 3 bolt belt tensioner and a ATI harmonic balancer.

I just want to make sure I can even use the MMR piece. As once you buy the part there is no returns on it

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Hey thanks thewrubelator. I ended up going with Wonder racing’s alt mount. It clears the Cgfab front facing headers on the T06 race kit. I am going to run a Meziere wp345-S. Electric water pump so I don’t have to deal with the belt tensioner or belts slippage.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Here’s the mount

Attachments

• A72256D2-4E77-443F-9BB2-909D7639565E.jpeg
    A72256D2-4E77-443F-9BB2-909D7639565E.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 226

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I'm still waiting on my bracket from MMR, it's been over a month. Probably should have went the same route as you at this point.

That sucks! sorry. You might want to cancel your order if you can. It looks like there bracket is the same concept as WR's, just not as put together.

The wonder racing bracket is almost double the price. but comes with everything needed to run just the alt off the crank. Keith@ wonder racing did say that you can run the factory water pump/pulley. with a tensioner and a extra pulley. I didnt ask on any other accessories.

CustomX

Established Member
That sucks! sorry. You might want to cancel your order if you can. It looks like there bracket is the same concept as WR's, just not as put together.

The wonder racing bracket is almost double the price. but comes with everything needed to run just the alt off the crank. Keith@ wonder racing did say that you can run the factory water pump/pulley. with a tensioner and a extra pulley. I didnt ask on any other accessories.

Lol went to cancel my order and there was an update that it shipped out this morning :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread