Altcoin Discussion

MG0h3

Established Member
dang quite the swing!

So can someone shed some light on the registration on Binance.

Do you have to do the F2A registration?

I made an account and then quickly realized you can only buy XRP with a few other cryptos. So I need a coinbase account and buy BTC, transfer it to Binance, then buy XRP with BTC?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
dang quite the swing!

I made an account and then quickly realized you can only buy XRP with a few other cryptos. So I need a coinbase account and buy BTC, transfer it to Binance, then buy XRP with BTC?
I was told to use ETH for the buying of alt coins. I use the 2fa on binance. Still waiting for my ETH to clear on Coinbase before transferring to binance. Although with the huge dump everything has taken I may hold for a while.

GodStang

Established Member
dang quite the swing!

That is basically what I did. I have not done F2A registration yet. I had most in Litecoin and Bitcoin. Can't buy on Binance with Litecoin with out trading to ETH and then from ETH to XRP. So I sent a huge chunk of Bitcoin from my coinbase account (@ around $18 fee) to my Binance wallet and with the Bitcoin I bought XRP.

GodStang

Established Member
This will go done as the biggest bank robbery of all time

People have said that for thousands of years with new technology that they don't understand. In my life time I have heard how computers are stupid no one will use them. Internet, that will die off quickly. Cell phones, who would want that on them at all times. Now look at them.

I agree Bitcoin, while beginning the wave, will die off but the idea will be there for bigger better ideas. We are still using coin/paper money like they did hundreds of years ago. This is the digital age time to step up. Many governments are already looking to fully adopt Cryptos.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
People have said that for thousands of years with new technology that they don't understand. In my life time I have heard how computers are stupid no one will use them. Internet, that will die off quickly. Cell phones, who would want that on them at all times. Now look at them.

I agree Bitcoin, while beginning the wave, will die off but the idea will be there for bigger better ideas. We are still using coin/paper money like they did hundreds of years ago. This is the digital age time to step up. Many governments are already looking to fully adopt Cryptos.
So inflation is different for digital currency funded by real dinero?

Zemedici

Established Member
So inflation is different for digital currency funded by real dinero?

its electro-currency. Solely to be used on the internet. I dont understand the confusion. Ever heard of Silk Road? It has a permanent use there.

Think of it like an electronic gift card.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't understand. Isnt this whole coin thing a sham? There is no actual value, isn't it like investing in nothing?

I'm not being sarcastic or negative, I just don't understand how there is value in it.

There is no real value in it. "Real" meaning any tangible asset attached to it. It's basically another step toward becoming a cashless society. Imagine when/if the heavy hitters decide to trade all their fake money for real cash. The crypto currency craze will crumble like a taco shell. The "plus" will be that the small time investors will only be losing their initial cash investments. Hopefully for them, it's not a lot.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I don't understand. Isnt this whole coin thing a sham? There is no actual value, isn't it like investing in nothing?

I'm not being sarcastic or negative, I just don't understand how there is value in it.

As opposed to the Fiat currency called the "dollar"? Federal Reserve Notes (what is referred to as a dollar) have no value. Both are a house of cards that will come tumbling down at some point.

Attachments

• Fiat Currency.JPG
    Fiat Currency.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 112

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
As opposed to the Fiat currency called the "dollar"? Federal Reserve Notes (what is referred to as a dollar) have no value. Both are a house of cards that will come tumbling down at some point.

Please forward your fiat currency to me. I will put it to good use.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blades

Established Member
Ya I use multipool miner and then convert what ever I mine to ETH and then send it to either my JAX wallet or to Binance to reinvest.

I do have 99% of my stuff in "Real Stocks, mutual funds, yadda yadda, yadda", but I had some extra money to play with so I am messing around with the Altcoin world.

Those funds are not exactly what they seem.. A lot of them just own a bunch of REITs and some ABS. You should look inside... you'd be surprised.. I'm a fan of Pimco tho, they won't do too much harm, tho they aren't impervious to "market forces". I was just saying.. physical metals are worth a look.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Take the bullshit to the other thread. OP made it clear why he started the thread.

Not sure what BS you are referring to. I just provided factual information as related to risk.

I am all for people investing in whatever they choose, but I also believe in having all relevant information regarding risk. I am not saying that there isn't wealth to be made by investing in Crypto Currency, I am just saying that it has the same risks as any other fiat currency.

Personally, I put my faith in gold and silver. That isn't to say I won't explore possible investments in Crypto Currency if I feel my personal risk is worth taking.

MG0h3

Established Member
That is basically what I did. I have not done F2A registration yet. I had most in Litecoin and Bitcoin. Can't buy on Binance with Litecoin with out trading to ETH and then from ETH to XRP. So I sent a huge chunk of Bitcoin from my coinbase account (@ around $18 fee) to my Binance wallet and with the Bitcoin I bought XRP.

Roger thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Not sure what BS you are referring to. I just provided factual information as related to risk.

I am all for people investing in whatever they choose, but I also believe in having all relevant information regarding risk. I am not saying that there isn't wealth to be made by investing in Crypto Currency, I am just saying that it has the same risks as any other fiat currency.

Personally, I put my faith in gold and silver. That isn't to say I won't explore possible investments in Crypto Currency if I feel my personal risk is worth taking.

there's a bitcoin thread, for the debate. This is discussing alternatives to Bitcoin, for users who already understand the situation. Not for general subjective crypto-currency opinions, etc.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Like @Zemedici said, we are already arguing the merits of crypto in the other thread. The OP started this thread with the intention of not filling it with other people's opinions of why it is smart or dumb or what real stocks you should invest in. It's for discussing what you are buying into or interested in regarding crypto-currency.

96gt02

Established Member
Im personally heavy in Ripple XPR and I like TRX a lot, also looking into ADA, ARK, and IOTA as well.

Users who are viewing this thread