Almost ready to pull the trigger

Adower

Established Member
After about a year or so of contemplating the power plant for my 98 cobra I think I've come to a final decision. I went back and forth at going N/A coyote, boosted coyote/ build the teksid. At this point I just want to keep the build as simple as possible and be reliable. Im wanting it to be a fun street car that I can take my kid to school in and also have some fun doing freeway pulls.

My goal is to hit 700rwhp and being able to rev the car out to 7500-8000 rpm and how I am planning to do it. Is there anything that I am missing that is obvious? I know that a set of C heads / other intake would be better but I am not chasing every drop of horse power. The rest of the car is already built with a full griggs gr 40 suspension, through the floor sub frames, cage, big brake kit, t56, etc.

Built/Forged teksid 10.1 compression
B heads built to handle the RPM
Short runner cobra intake
Kooks Long Tubes
ID 1300's
Custom Cams
Vortech JT Trim - 8 Rib / A2A intercooler
E-85
Holley Stand Alone

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I feel like we talked about this already lol.. All that is correct. B-heads are better for higher RPM as well. Make you have all the timing components and chains needed.. Go to accufabs website and start adding all their shit to cart lol

Adower

Established Member
I feel like we talked about this already lol.. All that is correct. B-heads are better for higher RPM as well. Make you have all the timing components and chains needed.. Go to accufabs website and start adding all their shit to cart lol
Haha. We did. I would take your advice and go coyote but I’m just wanting something more plug and play.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Stay with the DOHC 4.6
I was faced with this same conundrum a few years ago.
I went with a built 4.6 and a 67mm turbo.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Haha. We did. I would take your advice and go coyote but I’m just wanting something more plug and play.
I was simply stating it as a option. But if you're sticking old school you know I won't complain lol. But it like you have it and add the timing components from accufab and you'll be good.

shurur

Established Member
I never hear anything good about the reliabilty of the 3V and 4V coyote cam phasers or whatever they are called.

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Coyote swap it and don't look back, thats what i did and it was the best decision i made, car makes over 900 to the tire and drives everywhere. Once you start looking at the costs for both it almost becomes a wash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

68gtscode

Established Member
I agree with the others. If you’re looking for 700rw and 7,500+ rpm capability, just buy a complete Gen 2 coyote and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread