almost got pulled over

03cobra34

Established Member
so I'm comming back from Port Hueneme in my Cobra to my house on Point Mugu, I get on the PCH from huneme road and just cruising at about 80-85 when I see a CHP comming in the opposite direction so I let off the gas and coast while he passes me. I watch him in my mirror to see what he's going to do and I see him slam on his brakes and turn into the center divider. I'm like HOLY S#$% this guys comming for me so I look back through the windshield and see I'm about 200 yards from my exit, Wood rd. so I said screw it and punched it to the off ramp. I get passed the Jet park and look back and see him flying down the off ramp, I get to the stop sign look back and I don't see him yet so I pull up to the gate, they wave me through and I look back and the guy ran the stop sign at the corner cut my wife off who happend to be behind me and is haulin ass to the gate. Then I hear him over his PA saying "STOP THAT CAR STOP THAT CAR RIGHT THERE" so I'm like, I'm not going to stop until I see a. lights and sirens or b. the wave me back. neither happened so I turned down my road and pulled my car in the garage closed the garage as fast as I could ran inside and peeked out my window waiting to see if anyone was coming. No one came except my wife who told me that the guy was screaming at the gate guard and the gate guard told him he had no jurisdiction here and turned him around. Needless to say I didn't drive my Cobra the rest of the week I drove the Boss.

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
That cop got OWNED by the gate security! you should find out who was working and give him a "tip" :thumbsup:

darkcrayz

Established Member
im curious? if a chp is coming the opposite way, how can they judge your speed? and if you didnt gun it and her pulled you over, how can he morally questimate your speed for a ticket?

lol, that was a sweet story man, glad your wife got to see it also.

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
Sounds like the gate guard deserves a gift basket from the local bakery for that save. :thumbsup: to him.

inteller

Established Member
they can say they made a visual determination. the first ticket I ever got they said they were visually pacing me. I called bullshit but it didn't matter I was 18 and so everything was against me.

hunterp

Established Member
Why wouldn't the police have jurisdiction there? I thought HP officers could go anywhere. Hopefully, he didn't get your plate.

darkcrayz

Established Member
inteller said:
they can say they made a visual determination. the first ticket I ever got they said they were visually pacing me. I called bullshit but it didn't matter I was 18 and so everything was against me.

do you have to sign the ticket?

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
Lucky you, you didnt do anything wrong besides speeding. Since the CHP never flashed you, you didnt have to stop. I think you got away this time.

I have two similar cases which both happen at about 1 AM. First I was leaving work and gunned it out of the driveway right turn, my back tires spin and make a loud noise. Right as I pull out into traffic I see a cop drive by going to other way. He kinda looks at me and I look at him. Fortunatly he has to go about 200m till he can make a u-turn. I know the neighborhood so I just punch it. Take the first right, pull in between two cars parked on the street and turn of my lights. I watch in my rearview as he goes flying by on the street I just turned off of with his lights going. Obviously wasnt a smart idea on my part. I was lucky to get away with it, but I dont think Ill do it again.

Second time leaving work again, this time going the other way cause I saw a 350z go by that looked like I could have some fun with. There is only one car on the road and he is about 400m away. I say 'No way that one car would be a cop' So I pull out and punch it. I almost caught up to the Z but he bust through a yellow light, I decide to give up and go home. Meanwhile the other car pulls up next to me. I look over and its a cop staring at me. The light turns green so I go and the cop gets behind me and turns on the light. He didnt give me a ticket for anything and the only reason I could figure out is because he didn't know how fast I was going. He asked me if I knew my speed and I told him the truth "I never looked at the speedometer, but its a fast truck so I was probably flying". I dont even think he expected to catch up to me and thats why he pulled up next to me.

I know I probably seem like an asshole, which when Im driving I might be, but I bought my truck to enjoy it so a little spirited driving is never out of the question. However street racing is out of the question and dont think I would ever seriously run from the cops.

31C

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
inteller said:

I really don't think they can do that but I'm not 100% sure.

"I wrote him a ticket because I'm pretty sure he was speeding."

inteller

Established Member
hunterp said:
Why wouldn't the police have jurisdiction there? I thought HP officers could go anywhere. Hopefully, he didn't get your plate.

sorry, civilian law enforcement have no business or jurisdiction on military facilities.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I agree a nice gift is definitely due the guard who stood his post and watch. You really had someone watching your butt this time.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I really don't think they can do that but I'm not 100% sure.

"I wrote him a ticket because I'm pretty sure he was speeding."

Yes they can and they do it very often, they are trained to determine your speed just by watching you. Not that I think it's very fair or accurate but that's the way it is.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
HAHA I was just at the jet park last week!! You should go have a :beer: with the security guard, although all he did was tell the truth..which is great too :thumbsup:

hunterp

Established Member
inteller said:
sorry, civilian law enforcement have no business or jurisdiction on military facilities.

Yea, that makes sense then. I must have missed the part about it being a military base. I got the impression that it was just some sort of gated community.

03cobra34

Established Member
I definetly thankful of that dude at the front gate i'd buy him a beer but I couldn't tell you what he looked like I was all about getting on the base and in my garage.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
TXRDRNR said:
Yes they can and they do it very often, they are trained to determine your speed just by watching you. Not that I think it's very fair or accurate but that's the way it is.

Take it to court. If the legal system works the way it should, you should get away with it. Guessing brings in reasonable doubt.

03cobra34

Established Member
hunterp said:
That dude never got close enough to get my plates. I found out by one of my security boys that there is a blue line where that jet park is and once your past that line you are on government property, they can still pull you over but they have to get base secuity to come out and determine if they take it or let the CHP take it.

Lawman85

Banned
darkcrayz said:
im curious? if a chp is coming the opposite way, how can they judge your speed? and if you didnt gun it and her pulled you over, how can he morally questimate your speed for a ticket?

lol, that was a sweet story man, glad your wife got to see it also.

Radars work in moving and stationary mode. They can clock vehicles coming at them, going away from them, or traveling in the same direction as them. Wow... technology

Users who are viewing this thread