almost blew up the saleen!!!!

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea they do sometimes take awhile. They had mine for a week just to install new clutch. I was not full boost goin in to 4th.

JaKaL

Established Member
Well no boost should help mitigate things.
Frankly though, the older I get the dumber I get and the cars just keep getting smarter. It is embarrassing, but I couldn’t point to a Fuel Pressure Sensor or Throttle Position Sensor if my life depended on it. I know what they are and why, I think, it is the where that is elusive. And let’s not even talk about the diagnostics end; MAF V4.5 @ WOT on the TP or whatever? Sure I know what voltage at scale is, but really, do I care? That’s the realm of the Rick’s of the world. (And on Dyno Day I was damn fortunate to have him by my side; the man is a whiz with a Predator)
Broken metal I can fix as a general rule but, as I said before, you need an expert on your side. I’m old school and there’s are a ton of graduates smarter than I am.

Joe5.0

Established Member
the older I get the dumber I get and the cars just keep getting smarter. It is embarrassing

I love this line. Jakal you are very very smart man from what i can tell. Frankly i dont know half the crap either.

JaKaL

Established Member
I'll accept that as a compliment and thank you kindly. I mess with money all day as a CFO and the only way I get through it is because I hire people smarter than I am. So I’m old but maybe not so stupid after all.
The only thing I know for sure is that when these cars run, they are a kick in the ass and the only reason I bought it was for corporate stress relief. It works flawlessly!

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Thanks for the kudos there jakal......LOL

I dont know nothing, I just get lucky everyonce in a while...

Rick

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Originally posted by mean saleen
jakal thanks alot for your great info, you do know what your talking about. They oil pressure is good, i checked the oil it is also good (nothing bad in it) checked all vacuum lines there all good. It is something internally for sure. bent valves, timing i think is what its gonna come doen too. If bickford cant help me i dont know what to do. O and jakal i bounced off rev limiter for a good 5 seconds.

i bet you it was more like 5 hours for you when you did that...
anyways keep the saleen cause they are pimp:rockon: :rockon:

Joe5.0

Established Member
ok brace your self boys i just got off the phone w/ wayne and bad news. 3 cylinders arent fireing and it aint no spark plugs. I spun bearings for sure and may have jumped timing. The situation now is i am wheeling and dealing now to get the cobra. Because the saleen is gonna sit for a lonnggg time cause i aint got money to fix the piece of S*** until winter and even then i may not be able to fix it. Its just pissin me off. So i told mike at bickford 25,000 for the cobra and i want 28-29K once the motor is fixed on the saleen. So if i dont get what i want on the cobra.. i will keep the saleen and watch it sit for an eternity.

Last edited:

JaKaL

Established Member
Well that does not sound like the best of news Mean but 3 out 8 is only 38% so it’s not a total failure. Little consolation I know but its something.
What sounds odd is ‘jumped timing’ affecting only 3 cylinders, spark I can understand but if its mechanical it would seem the entire bank would go down. If you trust Wayne that’s fine, it just sounds odd like I said. Keep us posted.

Joe5.0

Established Member
jakal i do trust wayne great guy, he just said that timing may have jumped and that he will get back to me. Monday is a big day for me. I get to see what im gonna be driving home.:??:

Joe5.0

Established Member
yea they did not call me today so im just gonna go over there tomorrow and see whats goin on am i driving a new cobra, or fixing the saleen.

JaKaL

Established Member
A new Cobra or fixing the Saleen

Mean,
You’ve got a great ride and I hope things work out for you so you can get behind the wheel soon. Just remember, there’s no shame in moving to the Dark Side and becoming a Snake Charmer. You’ll be in good company.

Damn, I'm getting the hang of this VB Code posting. And they say you can't teach an old dog?!

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
we got the valve covers off today and layin in the head was to rocker arms, and 1 spring just chillen there lol....that may be a problem. So maybe the only problem is in the heads. We will find out shortly.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
snake dies immediatly when struck by LIGHTNING :rockon:
lightning.jpg

lightning.jpg

just like this but not a tree

tree-after-lightning.jpg

Last edited:

TheOne™

Established Member
when you gotta gas it a little so it stays on, it is most likely the timing, i had to do that to my 240sx(it is DOHC) cause it was idling pretty bad and dyin(the timing was just......way off), i fixed the timing and the car went back to idling fine, it has also happened with V8's(my bro prolly loves usin the timing gun, he builds 350's for friends(for a pay)) just hope its off timing, but not the valves hittings(1 of the heads of my 240 got cracked.....valves cause of timing)

Users who are viewing this thread