almost blew up the saleen!!!!

Joe5.0

Established Member
coming home from dinner at my sisters house, i got to the bottom of new bunk foss road, turned right onto machias road (rick you know this road) it is very straight and i was feeling the need for speed gunned it through 3rd went to go into 4th and missed and went into second at oooo 100mph!!! the car bounced off the rev limiter thousands of times i tryed to get it into 5th and i had no clutch so i had to let it just f***** skid its way down to lower speed, i just got the new clutch in and now its broke so i need the highest best performance clutch for my car any ideas? anyways the car woudlnt grab any gears the car was dying idling ruff s*** was squeeking everywhere i coasted all the way home not knowing wtf is a matter. I get home pop the hood and my belt is just torn, everywhere got holes everywhere all over my motor hood, i mean f***** up! i hope i didnt break somethin in the supercharger! i guess from excessive shaking of the motor bouncing of the rev limiter forever, the belt caught something and just tor it apart! so I need a absolute none better clutch and i need a steeda tri-ax cause the pro.5 is s***. so im out bbiiiigggg $$$$ cause i missed a gear.:bash:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
wow that really sucks. Im not quite sure about the clutch question. Why dont you like the 5.0 shifter, it seems taht everyone likes them over the tri-ax. Hope you didnt blow anything and everything works out for you bud.
-Anthony

Joe5.0

Established Member
shangsta thanx man! in regards to the shifter it has 62,000 miles on it and i just dont like it just not right for some reason. i have a humungous bag of ice on my blower right now i almost reached freakin 200 degress!! it was so hot!

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
Your belt broke becouse the blower is still spinning at 6000 rpms and the moter was seized up. Burned right through. That sucks. What does the bottom of the hood look like. Does the motor still turn? Do you have any cluch peddal? Check your clutch cable. Do not drive it. Do not start it.

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
Hey mean, everything should be fine. I think all you need to do is change the belt--get the size and get a belt from NAPA--and a new clutch cable.
Keep us posted.

Joe5.0

Established Member
yea the belt did not snap. It just simply is shredded off like yarn. U can see an extra rip on the pulley. pics are on there way to rick. if i get a new belt i want that gatorback belt that eliminates belt slippage and increases supercharger whine. Where can i get that? Ill let yah know in the next couple of days what exactly needs to be fixed. the top of my hood is straight f***** up the car doesnt turn cause i cant engage clucth. DO i need to buy a cobra or what?? rick 32,000 SOLD!!JK lol maybe!

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
DAMN man

and mean saleen

i'm gonna get his cobra within a year
so F OFF

jk

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Hey you 2, get in your corners, lets have a bidding war...lol

Yeah, I would sell it if it was right, the money that is......but I doubt that you would want that big stereo mean.....lol

rick

Sorry about what happened tonight, hopefully its just the clutch cable and a belt. Well you need to find out what size of belt it is, then just call around, thats all I can think of, or do a yahoo search for gatorback belts

Rick

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, call me tomorrow if you need some help for this week. Let me know. I guess that I am always there to help out another member....except bryan.....JK

Those pics werent as bad as I thought they were going to be, but they werent pretty either.....like me at the 1/8, you could have missed second...K

Rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
i appriciate everyones concern.But this time i think something is really broken internally. The car wont idle and if it does its real real ruff somethings broke. i dont know what to do. IT cant move...anywhere.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So I take it that there is no more warranty on it??? I hope so, but if not, I guess your rebuild comes sooner than you think, which sucks...

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
rick, wayne from bickford is coming over today after work to look to try and see whats the deal. I figured out that the saleen belt is actually a dayco belt so i will take that off after wayne looks at the car and get a new one. we have not discussed warranty issues yet. yea ure right though if something is internally broken the re-builds not gonna be for awhile like 3 months. hopefully its something stupid and very minor. I want a new shifter a good one to what do u think?

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
rick i dont think we got that kinda money lol...180 bucks for i shifter though i think we have.....

Joe5.0

Established Member
ok wayne from bickford just left and its not looking good. The car will not idle i have to give it gas to keep the car runnin all of the vacuum lines are good. What do u guys think is the problem??

Users who are viewing this thread