-8 feed
-6 return
BBRC aluminum sumped tank
Aeromotive eliminator pump with controller
Fore fuel rails
Aeromotive regulator
Fore filter
BUT! (60lb injectors!)

All I should need now is 90lb or better injectors right? My mods are in my sig.

I need a 93 pump tune also but I'm pretty sure that can be done with an injector that big.

Thanks guys!

Jay

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I'm pretty sure 80# injectors will do.... I have a buddy that's running a 3.4 whipple with a FORE return style fuel system with 80# injectors.... but he is on c16...

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
I think im set for e85 now!
I have:

-8 feed
-6 return
BBRC aluminum sumped tank
Aeromotive eliminator pump with controller
Fore fuel rails
Aeromotive regulator
Fore filter
BUT! (60lb injectors!)

All I should need now is 90lb or better injectors right? My mods are in my sig.

I need a 93 pump tune also but I'm pretty sure that can be done with an injector that big.

Thanks guys!

Jay

How much boost are you running and how much power are you looking to make? Depending on power output desired (which directly factors into how much injector you need) its pretty much going to be SD/FRPP 80's, or ID1000's/Bosch 105lb'ers.

I'm pretty sure 80# injectors will do.... I have a buddy that's running a 3.4 whipple with a FORE return style fuel system with 80# injectors.... but he is on c16...

Exactly... E85 is going to tax injector duty cycle an additional 1/3rd over pump/C16.

Ironhand

Banned
With a 2.3 whipple you will be fine with 80s unless you break north of the 750rwhp range. You won't need the larger injectors unless you switch to a larger blower.

The ID injectors aren't cheap either but they can run like stock. I needed more fuel and went with 105s. But that will be to large of an injector for your horsepower range.

I'D also suggest going with a -10 feed line and a -8 return line. You'll get more volume of fuel at a lower pressure.

EDIT: Saw your sig. You will need the 105s and large fuel lines. I have a 3.4 crusher and I'm worried about not having enough fuel.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
How much boost are you running and how much power are you looking to make?
Only 21psi for a good safe 93 tune but about 25psi on e85/race fuel. I'm not sure how much power I'm looking at there. Maybe 775??

With a 2.3 whipple you will be fine with 80s unless you break north of the 750rwhp range. You won't need the larger injectors unless you switch to a larger blower.

The ID injectors aren't cheap either but they can run like stock. I needed more fuel and went with 105s. But that will be to large of an injector for your horsepower range.

I'D also suggest going with a -10 feed line and a -8 return line. You'll get more volume of fuel at a lower pressure.

EDIT: Saw your sig. You will need the 105s and large fuel lines. I have a 3.4 crusher and I'm worried about not having enough fuel.

I was kinda wandering if I needed bigger fuel line.... What if I just run a -8an return? Would that help? I really don't want to get -10 feed right now unless I have no choice.

Ironhand

Banned
It would be more important for you to have the -10 feed line instead of a larger return line. You can back the regulator out to help with the smaller return line. But we're worried about getting fuel to the injectors. So I highly recommend the -10 feed line. You probably can get away with the -8 but it is a small line and it would put it into propestive if you see the larger -10 in comparison.

The -10 ends are easier to work with and it'll be easier for you to use the Fore Y blocks and rails with those line sizes.
The Fore rails are setup to accept -8 o-ring fittings into the rails and -8 fittings for the lines.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
^ gotcha.

So right now I'm running my feed into the front of the passenger side rail, cross over in the back and out of the front of the driver side rail to the regulator.(all -8 an line)

Your saying, run -10 from the tank to the engine bay, to a -10 in x2 -8 y block then in to the rails. Right? I'm pretty sure I can run 2 feed lines into my regulator. Not sure what the hole is for that I plugged off.

Ironhand

Banned
Yes that is what Im saying. That is the way that most 03 cobras are setup. However, I will be very clear. Either way is fine. But I like the idea of feeding each rail from the back then coming off the front going to the regulator acting as a Y block to return to your tank.

This is the way I have my car setup and wouldnt do it any other way.

Think of it this way:
With your setup, you have a single -8 line going through 2 rails and hitting 8 injectors before it goes to the regulator.
With my setup, I have a single -10 to 2 -8 Y block and each line is feeding the back of each rail. Each -8 will only feed 4 injectors before it hits the regulator.

Is it overkill, Maybe, but I like the idea of only having each line feed 4 very large injectors. Ive been told that if you do it your way you wont have an pressure drop by the time it gets to the last injector. However, with how I have mine ran, I know I wont have any pressure drop.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Makes perfect sense, the main reason I didn't do that to begin with was because I didn't plan on making the car any faster than it was."620hp"

BUT.... You know the rest of the story! Lol

I like the idea of the y block better for major hp also.

Thanks for the input man! Very helpful!

Jay

Ironhand

Banned
No problem man. Just helping a fellow Whipple owner. :rockon:

Edit: Sent you a PM as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread