All the sudden running lean - please help

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I haven't driven the car in a long time and seemed fine, also put fresh fuel in... However in doing a WOT pull, fuel pressure is steady at 55+psi and the higher the boost gets the leaner I go. I know I need to replace my fuel filter, but I am thinking injectors.

Thoughts?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're on the right track. I'd switch the fuel filter out, fulling expecting to need injectors as well.

If that's not it, I would check the flow on the fuel pump.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I think I'm just going to pull the injectors, tank, pump, filter. New filter, pumps, and get the injectors serviced. Its been 8-9 years at this point. This is an E85 car, so probably time to clean it all out anyway.

MG0h3

Established Member
Are you on a return style system?

If so, pressure should be boost referenced and increase due to the regulator.

What’s your base pressure key on engine off, or full vacuum @idle?

What boost are you supposed to make/seeing on gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
yes - return style... base pressure is about 39 psi, idle or key on. Pressure rises perfectly with boost with the boost reference going to the regulator. At WOT, in boost it immediately goes to 55-60 psi... all seems good there.

Honestly I think I let it sit too long and its all gummed up... just gonna have to take it all apart. Service injectors, clean everything and possibly replace the pump and filter... I'd feel better just putting a new pump in. I overheated a few times before I installed a fuel cooler. Which is a whole other topic of discussion with these return fuel systems.

Users who are viewing this thread