All the ETHANOL eaton guys...

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
yeah I am wondering if the stock fuel line will be ok? I think my 60's will suffice with the Eaton.

From what I've been told it helps with big time with fuel delivery on the TS setups, cuts down on FPDC. Not sure if I'll need it with the Eaton though.

maamjr

Established Member
I am not trying sound like i know what i am doing here at all i am just repeating all the 2 years of research i have been doing. According to the guys at HPP in dallas a return style fuel setup is ideal. However it is expensive and not a must. After quite a while on the phone going over with them all i plan to do to the car (see mods below) we came to the conclusion that the twin gt's, 60 lbers and a BAP should be sufficient to get the job done on my ported eaton. He said that i might not even need the BAP but every car tunes differently and it wouldnt hurt to have it to keep from maxing out the injectors. just my 02 cents worth

As far as pros/ cons i just dont see any cons to this stuff. I have been reading posts on here for a couple of years listening to guys talk about e85 and I cant really see and bad things coming from using it, at least from a performance point of view.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
105 octane, runs cooler, able to bump timing, and CHEAP.....don't see where there's not a benefit.

Yup,exactly why i`ll be switching when it`s avaliable in my area.The mileage decrease doesn`t bother me since mines not a DD.

maamjr

Established Member
Ya what 96stanggt said. It allows you to run the car in hotter temps without the fear of detonation as well as run the timing past any conventinal pump gas. As for the 700 hp number, the benefits of running e-85 will be greater at a 700hp number but anycar will benefit from it. Just ask the guys at HPP in dallas. I am sure they can tell you all about the increase in numbers and performance gains for the corn oil...lol

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
My thoughts exactly. Why would we not run it??? I just wonder what to expect from the good ol eaton...

Not sure we'd get too much out of it as we can already run a decent amount of timing on the Eaton. But I'd expect to be able to at least advance it 2-3* which should be worth 10-15rwhp along with running cooler.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not sure we'd get too much out of it as we can already run a decent amount of timing on the Eaton. But I'd expect to be able to at least advance it 2-3* which should be worth 10-15rwhp along with running cooler.

Where is your timing at now Kevin?

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
80lb injectors, stock hat, twin gt supercar pumps, -8 lines, kbBAP supported my whipple on 23lbs and 21* timing and stil had alot to go.. mid to low 600's and 743ftlbs through the th400...so 60lb injectors should hold up for the eaton

Silverboost

Established Member
80lb injectors, stock hat, twin gt supercar pumps, -8 lines, kbBAP supported my whipple on 23lbs and 21* timing and stil had alot to go.. mid to low 600's and 743ftlbs through the th400...so 60lb injectors should hold up for the eaton

I am really tempted to go to E85 in the future as well on my whipple. Where you still running one factory FPDM with this setup on the BAP?

iBiTe03

Established Member
I dunno, Kurgan tunes my car and i thought i would take his word for it because he knows his stuff. I run 112 anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread