all slip no limit

bunits19714

Established Member
So what is everyone upgrading the factory diff to on the coyote s-197's? Mine is a 14' a6 and it is shot can't even do a burn out in the water box- Not ready for a spool yet. What is the best diff. out there- only 6000 miles on the stock one.

5lho

Established Member
Can you be more clear? Is the diff giving you one wheel peel? Can't do a burnout suggests you are leaving the tractoion control on. I have put thousands of passes on stock TL rears on slicks. It is hard to believe you just fried one in 6k

twistedneck

Established Member
Well, if you mean only one wheel turning if you have the slightest amount of traction differential between the two sides.. that's normal. don't forget we only have about 4% bias pressure new, and within a couple miles of hard cornering that's down to about 2%. Eaton True Track here I come!

Mark Aubele

Established Member
The factory Torsen is good (although I do get some inside wheelspin on certain tracks), but not the best for drag racing considering it is a gear diff (so is the Truetrac). The auburn pros work well, the Eaton is a good diff as well.

vortecd

Established Member
Buy a new set of clutches and rebuilt it. I have gone low 9's on the factory 31 diff.

bunits19714

Established Member
car has about 200+ passes on it- and no I didn't have the traction control on- clutches are just gone - you could feel it- I actually had a argument with my buddy because I said I was spinning and he said no you were not, I said yeah about 6-10 feet out , I could feel it- he said the front tire was still up on the left front about 10 feet out ( just day light under it. next pass I could feel it do the same thing- then it just got worse the next 2 runs, couldn't get the tires hot and it just was spinning. I thought about having it rebuild with new and better clutches but was just checking options- and dam those eaton Detroit lockers aren't cheap-

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
car has about 200+ passes on it- and no I didn't have the traction control on- clutches are just gone - you could feel it- I actually had a argument with my buddy because I said I was spinning and he said no you were not, I said yeah about 6-10 feet out , I could feel it- he said the front tire was still up on the left front about 10 feet out ( just day light under it. next pass I could feel it do the same thing- then it just got worse the next 2 runs, couldn't get the tires hot and it just was spinning. I thought about having it rebuild with new and better clutches but was just checking options- and dam those eaton Detroit lockers aren't cheap-

Rebuild it and restack it with extra steel out of the old unit. stack that bitch as tight as you can and still get the spiders in. I did that on my pushrod 5.0 and it withstood ten years of dragstrip duty on slicks with a various power adders. No reason to think this won't work here, too, as this diff is stronger than that one.

Users who are viewing this thread