ALL-NEW 2022 FORD MAVERICK

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Why is it that when I think about the Ford Maverick truck, THESE images spring up in my head.
View attachment 1706519

View attachment 1706520

Actually that is what I would be interested in. A "small" pu to get the occasional odds and ends from Lowes or HD. something like the S1o or Courier would be perfect for what I need. But NO they go and make a ranger that is the size of my old Sierra.

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
I don't doubt it will get a hybrid option, but so far I have heard it will come with small 4cyl Ecoboost motors mostly. I think the 1.0L and the 1.6L maybe.

My understanding is 1.5L 3-pot and 2.0 4cyl., just like the Bronco Sport. At 181 and 250hp, respectively, with turbo torque, I think that will be adequate.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
I’m actually looking forward to seeing these. I don’t need a full size and I just don’t like the Ranger’s look all that much.

Just should called it something different.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
This is gonna be the go-to fleet vehicle for OReilly, Auto Zone, Advanced, and others. Expect high fleet sales and low Residual Values.

That's my prediction as well. Anyone specifically looking for this type of "truck" would go for the ridgeline in my opinion.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's my prediction as well. Anyone specifically looking for this type of "truck" would go for the ridgeline in my opinion.
Unless cost is an issue. If this actually comes in under $20k base, it's hard to compete with that pricing. The ridgeline starts at $36k.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Unless cost is an issue. If this actually comes in under $20k base, it's hard to compete with that pricing. The ridgeline starts at $36k.

This is very true, although the Ridgeline is very good (for what it is), it's price is getting on up there. On the flip side the "under 20k base" truck is going to be seriously base. Think steel wheels, vinyl floor, cheapest of the cheap components everywhere, any of the options to make this "truck" reasonably nice will run the price up quickly I think. At least with the base Ridgeline you get a V6 mated to an actual transmission (I hate CVTs with a passion), and all wheel drive standard, along with a lot of other standard features this will not have anywhere close to the base model.

On a side note I'm surpsised honda is the only one using the bed for extra storage with the inbed trunk. Its brilliant.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL front wheel drive truck. The Subaru Brat was more of a truck than this.
It's a light-duty truck and IMO will appeal to people considering an SUV but want more storage/convenience. So FWD won't be an issue to most buyers. Want more road capability, choose the available FX4 package for the all-wheel-drive XLT and Lariat model trucks.

I predict Ford is going to sell a lot of these Maverick trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread