• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

ALL MOTOR BOLT-ON & TUNED Motor failure

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by JayVee, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayVee

JayVee REAL is Rare Established Member

yeah, we got that. ;) No need to reiterate my misery...lol!

2. D.T.R

D.T.R New Member Established Member

I get that. What i don't think you get is, I am asking why you have not tested the injectors when 99% of the people are telling you that it is most likely an injector failure?

3. JayVee

Again...Collin is not available at the shop for pick up. I have made steps to line it up with Kirk @ BOOSTLAB local here in Tampa for the flow test of my inj's. Sorry its not as fast as you guys may want answers. If I did not mention this already, excuse me. Just could have sworn I did. I am updating as things move alone. Not faster and not slower then that. Thanks

4. D.T.R

D.T.R New Member Established Member

Cool. [email protected] checked my FIC injectors for me when i had engine problems. Cool guy, very fast turn around time also.

5. JayVee

Yeah, dude has been doing business in Tampa Bay are for quite some time. Good Ol Skool TAMPA RACING admin. ;) And follow my last post, Collin will be in Monday (so you can see what I am saying regarding availability...) Also, block was scheduled for Fri. delivery but rescheduled for Monday also.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. Fabbed5.0

Fabbed5.0 New Member Established Member

Kirk is out of town this whole week but will be home monday. Ryan at BL will take care of the injectors tho, he usually does them anyways.

7. JayVee

Yep, he told me he was out of town on vacay. I had no choice till next week anyways to get my hands on the inj's. Things work out like that sometimes.

8. Deerslayer

Deerslayer Member Established Member

OP, sorry for your BM. Good excuse to build a stronger one tho. Karma kicks in again. Wasn't too long ago, the same tuners were jumping in insta-bashing and drawing conclusions making some bold ass statements that had a similar fate, but was tuned by a competitor. Funny to see how the same people comment when the shoe is on the other foot. Hypocrosy........nah LOL Push anything hard and you have failures ESPECIALY in racing. All vendors should chill on eagerly wanting to play the blame game, because it will always come back to bite you in the ass.

9. Shaun@AED

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

The 'other' motor was never disassembled and inspected. OP in that case was given a sweat heart deal to send the engine in without having it looked at by an independent shop.

This engine clearly did not fail due to a tune issue.

But yeah, I can see how the uninformed can draw a conclusion to the contrary.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  10. Deerslayer

Deerslayer Member Established Member

Just showing how these pissing contests end up hurting ALL of you. I dont think tuning was the issue in EITHER case, yet premature implications were posted on both threads.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  11. CPRsm

CPRsm Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Yeah I don't think so, nice try though. No insta bashing. My first post in that thread was contradicting poor info. Second part to that post was the same conclusion as it was here. Piston broke causing the smoke, rod windowed block. I also said detonation wasn't obvious in the other thread, but the electrode had a witness mark from a collision which was probably broken piston. Wasn't until someone came in with no idea what they're talking about, did it get pissy. Spark plug was posted, something hit it, reasons were given, simple. If people aren't going to like the answers don't ask for help.
    My suggestion is to keep the tuners name out of it in the beginning. Then there are no complaints about being bias.

Pretty much

12. JayVee

Collin was in house at RI so I swung by to pick up the fuel inj's to line up drop off at BoostLab this week. Also, Collin confirmed he will be sending the heads out possibly tomorrow for full detailed inspection for any damages. *FingersCrossed* And last, stopped at Elder Ford where they give me employee discount and purchased NEW head gaskets, valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket. $100 :) Seems like a small sign of life moving forward.

13. JayVee

Just got word from boostlab the injectors are absolutely perfect and they were not able to replicate any type of incident with any of the injectors especially extra care with injector number 1 they gave multiple different test for cylinder 1 injector and it reads perfect cross the board as all 8 are the same.

14. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

The plot thickens.

15. JayVee

Not really...although comments like that is a poor attempt to stir shit up again. Not cool. Just means we look or discuss further possibilities from here. Thanks

16. SignalZero

SignalZero Eat mor Chikin Established Member

Well said :beer: hopefully she'll be back again soon!!

17. JUIC3D

JUIC3D Boost Junkie Established Member

Sounds about right. So now that hydrolocking the motor due to faulty injector as a result of E85 use has been ruled out, what other options are on the table?

18. JayVee

That my friend, is the question... I will wait for this update to get a lil more exposure due to the time zones and locations of other members.

19. _Snake_

Not my intentions at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

20. _Snake_

This is what I was getting at. Is there any way to tell if the gasket blew and caused the failure? I believe that was the other option being considered.

Edit - I should have chosen my words better. After reading that the injectors tested good, I had an ominous feeling that the root cause might remain a mystery.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.