All DYNO's are different....

MACHSELF

Established Member
I just dyno'd my car again and I'll post the chart. Today the dyno read low on the RWHP and extremely high on the torque! I give up on dyno stuff. I'll just go by what my ET reads!!!!
Today was only 313RWHP and a stupid stupid torque reading of 437RWT!!!
There is no F***'n way the torque is that much!!! I was really pissed at the 313rwhp. The A/f was really fat at 12.0......
I'm just going to throw away these dyno runs! :shrug:

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
yea tell me about it

I had the same thing I think. Thats insane torque. I had 365 which I thought was high. I was disappointed with my hp numbers too. I think its not quite as accurate a way to measure your car as we have always thought. I guess all you can do is go to the same dyno everytime and then try and chart the progress. :shrug: I dont know the answer, I got ripped into by the guys with Cobras that didnt get that much more torque than I did. However that begs the question why did they get normal numbers and I got wack numbers? Wierd. Anybody got an answer?!

MACHSELF

Established Member
The dyno was 375 Ft Lbs of Torque through the low to mid-range powerband but peeked at 437.5.... I'm going to race Barona tomorrow. I'll post times at that point. It is just an 1/8 mile track for those who are not familiar with California tracks. 1/8mi.... Geeessshhh! They closed my local 1/4 track here in Carlsbad, Ca...... Carlsbad has been closed for months now....

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear set wrong on the dyno or your clutch slipped! :bash: :D

Or the tires spun...that will also make it jump way up...My tuner keeps a spray bottle with VHT sitting near the Dyno just for that reason...

MACHSELF

Established Member
I raced at California Speedway last night. Unhappy with the tires that I used. Way to damn tall for the car! There was a massive headwind as well. Ran 8.37 1/8 on a 2.06 60 ft and only [email protected]ally because of the strong headwind there were no big times from the street cars. I saw a red Viper GTS go 13.09 at 111mph. The guy I was hanging out with in his 456rwhp Cobra only went 13.2's..... Tough night!

MACHSELF

Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear set wrong on the dyno or your clutch slipped! :bash: :D
Probably right on the clutch, but the graph was 375 FT LBS of torque across the graph... SAE Corrected.

MACHSELF

Established Member
I'll try to dyno at "The Dyno Shop" in the El Cajon area to see what the new #'s are. I'm sure the HP is more than 313RWHP with the ability to run almost 109mph on a slick. It only went 105mph on the same slick last time with 308RWHP....But it did go 108.33mph with only 294rwhp on a DR before. Takes a lot more power to run the bigger 11.5x17 slick.

YourBaby'sDaddy

Established Member
I raced at California Speedway last night. Unhappy with the tires that I used. Way to damn tall for the car! There was a massive headwind as well. Ran 8.37 1/8 on a 2.06 60 ft and only [email protected]ally because of the strong headwind there were no big times from the street cars. I saw a red Viper GTS go 13.09 at 111mph. The guy I was hanging out with in his 456rwhp Cobra only went 13.2's..... Tough night!

What's up Machself! It's a shame I couldn't break into the 12's with 456 rwhp.....now I need to get that driver mod, lol. I take it you didn't get that 12.8 you were looking for on your last run? At least you can say you kicked the S%^t out of a 456 rwhp Cobra, hahaha. Check your PM.

MACHSELF

Established Member
YourBaby'sDaddy said:
What's up Machself! It's a shame I couldn't break into the 12's with 456 rwhp.....now I need to get that driver mod, lol. I take it you didn't get that 12.8 you were looking for on your last run? At least you can say you kicked the S%^t out of a 456 rwhp Cobra, hahaha. Check your PM.
I never made another pass! I don't see your PM.. Did not go through! Good to hear from you! We had fun racing! :beer:

Last edited:

MACHSELF

Established Member
Went 333RWHP and 377RWT.... Torque is confirmed.....It was across the board again!! Still did not see the 339RWHP like before!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread