ALL 93 COBRA OWNERS PLEASE READ

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
I remember when the first posts came up on here and corral. When is jeffo gonna produce some results. It has to be over a year now!!

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
It is going on 2 years. The thread was started in January of 2003 over at the corral.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
It's painfully slow , because I boubt that you will ever see a 93 repro wheel or it would have already been done. Jeffy has everyone thinking there coming anyday now. What would it take 1-2 weeks at the most to set up production? if they are already in the wheel manufacturing buss.? I could be wrong, they might go on sale tomorrow. I am glad I have three sets in hiding.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
They are supposed to hit the shores sometime within the next 90 days. Pricing has not been firmly established. Offset is 5.0 specific at the moment, with the 93 cobra offset hopefully coming right behind...

BlownStangGT

Established Member
I would be in for a set IF they came out but then my car would look to much like a 93 cobra and it aint :bash:

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
They are going to be available, but not an ideal race rim - they are actually heavier than the stock rims...

They are supposed to be on the boat now, but your guess is as good as mine as to when they will be for sale...

#1pony

Established Member
I called wheel replicas on Tuesday and they said that they were making the repro wheels that have the cobra back spacing. He told me to call them back about the end of March for more details because they should be in by then. I also asked if these were only going to be offerd for a limited time and he said no. I cannot remember the guys name but it was not jeffo, hopefully this guy knew what he was talking about. :pepper:

PJM99

Established Member
Why not go to a place and have them made on our own? Maybe I watch too much Discovery Channel, but when Boyd wants a wheel made they just get the aluminum blocks and throw it in the CNC machine, run a CAD program and get it done. Would it be impossible for an average Joe like us to maybe talk to someone with one of these machines and have some wheels made? The delay that we're experiencing now is probably because they don't see this as something that will be profitable.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
I'd like to buy a set because I love those wheels. I am either going to buy a Fox Notch or a 93 Snake, either way these are the only wheels that I'd want on it. Let me know where to go to get them.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Why not go to a place and have them made on our own? Maybe I watch too much Discovery Channel, but when Boyd wants a wheel made
Custom billet wheels - you don't want to know what they cost. Last I heard, according to the design, each wheel can take anywhere from 20-40 hours to produce, let alone getting the design built in CADD.

You could easily spend a couple of grand on a single set...

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Custom billet wheels - you don't want to know what they cost. Last I heard, according to the design, each wheel can take anywhere from 20-40 hours to produce, let alone getting the design built in CADD.

You could easily spend a couple of grand on a single set...

More than that. Last time I watched Jesse James he said that a custom wheel that he designs for a bike costs about 4G. Chip Foose says that one off wheels run between 3-5G each! (that's from biker build off and the orginal episode of rides)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Now that you mention it, I remember a quote from JJ on a bike he was building (I want to say it was a funkmasterflex show on spike tv) - seems like he mentioned the front wheel on a particular bike he was building was 25k.. :eek:

m8trix00

Established Member
Did you guys ever find the Cobra replica wheels?

I know a place that carries the 93 style.

redcobra93

cobra wheels

what company is making the wheels and how do i reach them also can i get 7.5 repros for the front

thanks any info would be appreciated

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
17x8.5 in size ONLY.

4 lug ONLY.
5.0 Offset ONLY.

Silver painted, polished, chrome, anthracite, black with polished lip only.

281-748-6053 - Jeff is the one you want to talk to. BTW, I've got two coming now. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread