Alignment specs.

Anthony02tolson

Established Member
So I had a local Alignment shop instal a set of Maximum Motorsports CC plates after I added H&R springs to go with the adjustable Koni Yellow shock / struts. I have them MM recommendations and they were pretty close on all angles. I also had them instal new steering rack bushings. No more creaks! Here’s some pics. What do you guys think ?
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Caster looks good, typically the more the better. They have slightly alittle more passenger side caster to account for the crown in the road. That’s good for a street driven car

Front camber looks good, some run alittle be more for the street even more of road racing. I run 1/2” as well for front skinnies. 3/4” for regular 265/275 fronts. Your camber setting is good.

I run 1/16” front toe each side which is typical. Not sure what that equates to in degrees. Math isn’t my strong suit. You are clearly not in the specified limits listed on the sheet. Ask them why.

Same thing with your rear toe. I run .10-.15 degrees rear toe. OEM specs are .06-.14 degrees.

Your rear camber is out of specs as listed on the sheet. I run .6-.8 degrees of rear camber

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Anthony02tolson

Established Member
Been a couple weeks now. Probably to late to ask them about the rear camber numbers.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I would call and ask them. I mean it shows it’s out of specs according to their provided sheet. I’d ask why. For a street car camber being out equals uneven tire wear. I’d doubt Traction lost can even be noticed on the street.

The tow out also leads to uneven wear but more importantly a weird wondering feeling in the car.

If your car feels stable and smooth at high speeds I wouldn’t worry about it at this point. I tend to be alittle anal bout things.

Anthony02tolson

Established Member
So what should I tell them to adjust the rear camber to along with tow... you saying the toe in front or rear by the way ? Appreciate it

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I’m just looking at your sheet specs and applying the small amount of understanding I have on alignments.

The final block to the right specs font should be black if they were within specs. Yours are red which says your car is out of specs.

OEM specs may not always be best for us enthusiasts which is where understanding caster/camber/toe and their affects helps you.

More caster is typically good for high speed stability and street cars. Your out of spec setting is good here

Front/rear camber & toe being out of factory specs being ok depends on usage. Guys racing on road courses want these at extreme specs compared to street specs but they aren’t always worried about irregular tire wear like street users. Your specs aren’t extreme, they just aren’t within spec which is what you paid the shop to do.... get your car into spec. Unless you tell a shop to adjust to specific specs provided by you.

Some shops know certain cars and what works best no matter what factory specs are. This may be the case here but I doubt it. They barely did any adjustment if any to the rear. What shop is this?

Anthony02tolson

Established Member
I had these guys go by what Maximum Motorsports recommended. But it tracks strait and handles good as far as I can tell. Dong drive it enough to notice tire wear lol

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Perfect we’ll leave it alone then. I would have posted your target specs in the initial post. Hopefully they are close if not dead on what you asked for. Enjoy and let her rip!

Users who are viewing this thread