alignment question

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
so, i just lowered my car.. i have eibach sportines up front and will be getting strange 10 way adjustable struts this saturday. I was hoping to take it to a chepo tire store and get it alingned, but my question is, will they be able to do it with the stock C/C plates or do i need to get MM CC plates.
I just kinda want to get it done now.. that way i won't be abusing my tires and could bring it back later on with the correct plates and get it aligned again under warranty.
Thanks.
What are the specs they should try to get for Caster, camber, and toe? thanks.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
As far as the specs go, they won't change from stock.
Unless you road course and want different spec they will put it back to stock specs.

With sportlines you will probably need C&C plates.
Get them now and do them at the same time as the shocks and struts.

Untamed

Established Member
Also not alot of places will warranty a alignment if the suspension has been changed/moved.
Well atleast i dont;-)

Yes c/c plates

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
As far as the specs go, they won't change from stock.
Unless you road course and want different spec they will put it back to stock specs.

With sportlines you will probably need C&C plates.
Get them now and do them at the same time as the shocks and struts.

reason why i'm not getting them now is because i don' have 200 dollars cash laying around. won't be able to have that for about a month. i give myself a monthly cash allowance and refuse to go over that.. no cash no parts, and.. there are is no more cash for the snake this month.. and it's only the 3rd:kaboom:

So.. the questions is, Since i can't get CC plates now, will the stock plates be enough to get it aligned to stock specs?
Thanks.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
definitely CC plates. you may run into a problem even if it a few days without them.

what type of "problems" would you run into other than uneven tire wear?

ACMUSTANG

Go fast & turn
Established Member
189 including shipping to the 48 continental states on the MM CC plates(we are authorized MM dealers). shoot me an offline when your ready for them. with the factory strut tops your camber will be about at its limits. -1.35 to -1.50 this will not create major tire wear issues for a month. the big thing CC plates do is give you the ability to get it back to factory specs and run more positive caster for better response, Caster is not adjustable with the factory configuration. If you look at MM or Steeda their recommendations for camber settings are:
Drag racing-no street use -.2° to -.5°
General street use -.7° to -1.1°
Aggressive street handling -1.2° to -1.5°
Road race / Autocross -1.8° to -2.5°

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread