Alcohol spray kit?

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Alcohol spray kit (not for my cobra). I have been shopping for a street/race Grand National and most of the sub 12 second ones have this. Also I think Evos use them too. My question do you just use it like nitrous or is it used all the time?

camaro75racer

Established Member
It's boost activated. I have the SMC kit on my 85 Grand National. Once you use it you wont be able to live without it. 23psi on 93 octane :rockon:

95Stealth302

Established Member
I'm sure that ou could calibrate when it was injected. A lot of N20 is used via manual (button) engagement, but there are a lot of systems that rely on WOT and RPMS. For the GN, boost application would probably be a good choice, unless you wanted the extra bump at lower RPM.

camaro75racer

Established Member
It really bogs the motor if you set it to come on to early. Also the newer kits are progressive...you set it to start spraying at say 10psi and then set the full spray at 17psi and it gradually increases the amount of spray from 10-17 and is full on after 17. It takes some time to get it tuned right but once you do it works great. I run straight methanol with a little Klotz lube in it. Checkout SMC Enterprises kit and also www.alkycontrol.com both are great kits

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Ok thanks all for the info. im still curious how does it "spray" into the fuel? Where and how. Sorry but I have no clue on this. The fastest GN Ive drove so far probably wouldnt even run a 12, (GNX beleive it or not) :thumbsup:

Hey camaroracer what does your car run? 1985 is not intercooled. Did you add one on?

Last edited:

camaro75racer

Established Member
On the intercooled cars you tap into the up-pipe. Mine being a hot-air it's tapped into the small adapter between the turbo and the intake.
As far as times for my car...with just a CAI and 87 ECM i ran a best of 8.94@76mph with 1.98 60'
I upgraded the turbo,injectors,chip,tranny and added the alky kit after the track was closed for the year (only had it since march) so im not sure what it's capable of now. Just guessing from my seat-o-the-pants meter id say high 7's 1/8 times the way it is now.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Sounds great thanks camaro racer. When my Cobra sells Im getting a 86 or 87 hopefully with the bigger turbo etc etc etc. Good luck with your 85 when the track opens!

Users who are viewing this thread