air intake tube to throttle body rubber gasket - sources?

srdigital

Established Member
having a hell of a time finding the rubber hose clamp seal that goes between the air intake tube and the throttle body. i'm using stock intake tube and tb. anyone know where to source, or a part number?

thanks!

RainyP71

Established Member
Unless you can find someone who has this part that was most likely in low production due to probably never needing to be replaced, you're going to have to search a junkyard as a previous member said. I'm sure tons of vehicles in the same model range use an identical part.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
mine is starting to deteriorate too and i will probably have to do something eventually. but i bet there are lots of different aftermarket options available (with different tubes). maybe check out a company like vmp and see what they sell.

DSCN2575.JPG

hotcobra03

Established Member
mine is starting to deteriorate too and i will probably have to do something eventually. but i bet there are lots of different aftermarket options available (with different tubes). maybe check out a company like vmp and see what they sell.

View attachment 1679620

Dorman makes replacement air inlet tube's that come with seal and clamp
VMP also
not sure if they sell just seal

it's the throttle size and shape

mach1 uses is

2001 expidition is what I got a used from
lucky they had 3 trucks
2 were ripped already

I haven't called ford

last time I was at dealer was for the white plastic bushing on brake pedal

impossible on line looking for it

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
For what it's worth, the circumference of the stock TB is roughly the same as a 4.5" diameter tube. You could get a 4.5" rubber or silicone coupler and run either an appropriate worm gear or T-bolt clamp. I'm using a 4.5" silicone coupler and a T-bolt clamp and it's held up to 15psi+ of boost.

You could also probably contact somewhere like JLT. They can probably get you something.

Users who are viewing this thread