Air filter options for turbo cobra

SVTsteele

Established Member
Lots of different opinions out there on filters, this is a street car so not interested in a mesh or turbo guard. Whats everyone using, thoughts opinions, issues wirh restriction etc. Currently on a pt7675 with room to breathe on 1000hp.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
K&N makes a ton of different sizes. Just need to measure and find the right size.

0R9XYOxl.jpg

SVTsteele

Established Member
how much space do you have available??
I have the space for a 6in cone filter currently due to the coolant bypass, i tried to put on a 10in filter but would need to modify some things to get it to work.

Attachments

• 20210118_103826.jpg
    20210118_103826.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 154

Dusten

Established Member
Summit allows you to search by dimensions
Buddy out a white aem in his white turbo car
Screenshot_20210118-120526_Gallery.jpg

SVTsteele

Established Member
Has anyone had any problems with having too small of a filter and it becoming a restriction for cfm on the top end over a turbo guard or a very large filter? I can find the 6in cone filters but wanted to know if im leaving much on the table vs going bigger?

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
I have the space for a 6in cone filter currently due to the coolant bypass, i tried to put on a 10in filter but would need to modify some things to get it to work.
When there was a single turbo on my truck, like a 5 inch tube with a slight bend was used For a better clearance of a larger filter

that might help your options

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread