Air conditioning problems

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Im having a problems with my wifes 98 GT. The AC is cooling great. No problems with the cooling side but the floor on the passengers side is soaked. We drove it around all day today looking for a job for her and when we got home I noticed the floor extremely wet. I vacumed up all the water with a steam cleaner but couldnt find where the water was coming from. Any ideas what the problem could be?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
There is drain that runs the condensation outside the car, it might be clogged. Or the box under the dash could be cracked, allowing the water to leak into the floor.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
if it smells of antifreeze- heater core

others, the vents on your car right in front of your windshield, often become clogged with leaves and shit, and cause water to flow into the car when it rains.

the solutions for this are- A) clean it out and keep an eye on it every... 6 months to a year or B) take a battery drill and drill a big hole through it so theres never a problem anymore

we went with choice B) on my old accord, never caused any problems.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
well I started looking and did some smelling the radiator isnt low and it doesnt smell of antifreeze so I vacumed up the water again and found what looked like a small crack and filled it with epoxy. Next thing Im going to do is try to clean out the drain by either sticking a hanger in there or blowing air into it. Any other ideas on how to clean out the drain.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
hanger is the best bet. it the drian hole on the evap core that clogged. I see it all the time at the shop where I work. Just ram it clean with a hanger or pointy object of some sort, then blow a little air in their to make sure its all clear. Yooull be fine form now on. Every 6 months just give the hole a jab :)

Users who are viewing this thread