AI racecar for sale

Cobra-R

Established Member
I have decided to sell my AI race car, please pass the word if you know someone that might be interested.

1994 Mustang Cobra race car for sale:

Drivetrain:
*327 engine built on New Sportsman block, has about 5 race weekends on it.
(if there are specifics about the engine you want to know, I will get the info from the engine builder
* Canton Oil pan
* Accusump system
* Dual ignition systems
* Tremec 3550 Road race transmission (3 race weekends on overhaul)
* Griggs 8.8" cambered rear axle. 3.73 gears and Torsen T2R (5 weekends on this since new T2R and rebuild)
* Brembo Front brakes (Vette rear brakes)

Chassis:
* Griggs K-member (1" setback)
* Griggs HD front A-arms
* Koni Adjustable struts/shocks with coilovers
* Griggs long lower control arms
* Griggs Bumpsteer kit/ tierods
* Griggs Torque arm and adjustable Panard bar
* Griggs inframe subframe connectors
* subframe connectors
* Driveshaft loop
* Lexan front, rear and quarter windows.
* Cobra R replica 17" wheels.
* Rear wing and front splitter
* Solid steering shaft
* I have aprox 150 lbs of balast that go with the car.
* Extra front bumper cover
* Brake ducting
* Proportioning valve next to driver’s seat

Safety:
* FuelSafe 22 Gal fuel cell
* Detachable steering wheel
* Halon Fire system
* Full cage with nascar door bars.
* Harnesses and window net ( harnesses have three years left on them)

Race results:

2003 Nasa AI east coast championship winning car with James Hoover as the owner/driver
(wasn't raced in 2004 as far as I know)

I bought the car in May of 2005 and with it, I won....
*2005 NASA AI Midwest Championship
*2006 NASA AI Midwest championship
* Raced a very limited schedule in 2007. (2 first place finishes and two second place finishes)
* Raced three races in 2008 with three wins.
* Many many poles.

I have held many track records and still hold the track records at:
* Mid America Motorplex in Council Bluffs Iowa: 1:41.069
* Autobauhn South track 1.35.540

Car has been dyno'd and has the annual tech done for the 09 race season. Current logbook and all documentation that I have will be included.

I will update info as I think of things missed.

$15,000 PM me or email grothimp at yahoo.com

Thanks, Brian

On edit: Couple things I forgot:

1, Maximum Motorsports Power steering system
2, I have a spare set of new rear rotors and brake pads

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Whoa, I'm shocked Brian! I still remember when the three of us made the decision to start racing in 05 and you took delivery of this car at ABCC. I'm guessing you just don't have time for racing due to family/business? I know your interest has varied on it the past year+

I sure will miss seeing you at race events, but hopefully you will still do some open track events with the 95R like Northwoods? I'd hate to see you totally drop out of track stuff altogether.:cryying:

By the way guys, as Brian documented this is an awesome AI race car and is extremely competitive with a good driver. Of course, it's all about the driver.... right Brian!
:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Whoa, I'm shocked Brian! I still remember when the three of us made the decision to start racing in 05 and you took delivery of this car at ABCC. I'm guessing you just don't have time for racing due to family/business? I know your interest has varied on it the past year+

I sure will miss seeing you at race events, but hopefully you will still do some open track events with the 95R like Northwoods? I'd hate to see you totally drop out of track stuff altogether.:cryying:

By the way guys, as Brian documented this is an awesome AI race car and is extremely competitive with a good driver. Of course, it's all about the driver.... right Brian!
:beer:

I am not going anywhere Fred, just changing. :) (tried calling ya today)

Brian

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That is a great price for a car with all of those parts and sorted out. You couldn't come anywhere close to that price if you built it.

Tom

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I doubt that. :lol1:

He has an extreme hatred for Miata's.
ZOOM ZOOM!!

I doubt he would want to share his story in the Cobra R forums. :D:poke:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt that. :lol1:
I understand. I should have included a smilie.

Personally, I think he should go straight to a Ferrari:
2009Mitty004.jpg

HSRFerrari.gif

Some guys enjoy unlimited racing budgets.

b4409

Established Member
Brian,

Somehow I skipped over this. Nice looking combo, for sure. If trackday guys & gals knew what they really needed, these cars would sell in a heartbeat! I hope it finds its way back to AI soon.

Curious, what the race weight/hp combo?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian,

Somehow I skipped over this. Nice looking combo, for sure. If trackday guys & gals knew what they really needed, these cars would sell in a heartbeat! I hope it finds its way back to AI soon.

Curious, what the race weight/hp combo?

I agree. A car like this would make a great (and safe) car for a open tracker, ecspecially if they had ambitions to possibly race some day.

I put the car away and will use it as a baseline test car to run against the new car we are building. It will sell when it sells, no big deal. :beer:

Brian

b4409

Established Member
What are you building?

I understand there are 15 AI Mustangs registered for Mid Ohio next weekend. Are you coming?

Cobra-R

Established Member
What are you building?

I understand there are 15 AI Mustangs registered for Mid Ohio next weekend. Are you coming?

I am building a 2010 Camaro SS. The car just came in last Thursday. I am going to MAM this weekend just to run the car as is, stock. We will strip it down and start the build next week.

I am done racing AI until we have the new car ready. We will shake that car down running some enduro's until we feel we have a handle on the car.

If you guys are interested following the build, we will be documenting it on the internet. It sure has raised alot of interest within the few people that know about it. (we have been keeping it pretty quiet until the car arrived)

Brian

Last edited:

kevin

I am building a 2010 Camaro SS. The car just came in last Thursday. I am going to MAM this weekend just to run the car as is, stock. We will strip it down and start the build next week.

I am done racing AI until we have the new car ready. We will shake that car down running some enduro's until we feel we have a handle on the car.

If you guys are interested following the build, we will be documenting it on the internet. It sure has raised alot of interest within the few people that know about it. (we have been keeping it pretty quiet until the car arrived)

Brian

and the link to follow the build is? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread