Ahhh Noooo, Darn Sonic Booms!!!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
We just had one of our many daily sonic booms and I've goten quite used to them. But this one took the cake. I was hanging out B/Sing with a few of my co-workers in the smoking area (no I don't smoke) and I heard my alarm going off. Usually I let it got but I figured I'd disarm it since I was outside any way. Then what do I see..... all my windows blown out!! :gt: :cuss: I always woried about this but I tried to stay calm. Strange the first thing I though was I just waxed the Cobra last night. But then it sunk in :cryying: I called legal and they said they're not liabel :cuss: and the Ins Co. said they have to see the car before they cover it. :gt: :mj: Bottom line I have a pseudo convertable till god knows when!

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
holy crap, that really sucks, sorry

But I thought there was a law preventing pilots from pushing Mach1 over land?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
holy crap, that really sucks, sorry

But I thought there was a law preventing pilots from pushing Mach1 over land?

Yes but the Dryden Dry lake bed is an arroved area. Not even Sat. is sacred. Average though is about 5 a day and usually come in pair B/C chase planes.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
ah shit man that bites big time ..........i am guessing you live near an air base

On Edwards AFB, Cali. really wishing I hadn't moved on base now :gt:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
I called legal and they said they're not liabel

That's crap! You may want to call them again! They ARE responsible for the damage. Hell, if some shanker hooks a golf ball into the road on base and damages a car, they pay for it! If the the base civil engineers screwed the grounds up in your base quarters and it fries some of your stereo equipment, they pay for it! (I know, both have happened to me before). If a military jet creates a sonic boom that shatters the windows on your car, they have to pay for it.

U.M.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Ah man, that freakin' sucks. I worked w/ a Lt. who had that happen to his car after being on base for 5 minutes (literally!). Good luck taking care of everything. If you think Legal is giving you the run-around I'd go have a talk to the Squadron Commander and/or the First Shirt. Good luck, bro.

* BTW, I worked in Contracting and when a base contractor oversprayed a water tower white paint ended up on just about every car on base. We put together a detailing contract, brought in a car detail company from Texas, and had every car on base detailed to remove the spots AT NO COST TO THE CAR'S OWNER. Again, good luck.

Last edited:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Why you little, no good, son of a .........

LOL, that one really got me going. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread