Again With The Parking Lot Hit And Run

Smokinstang65

Driving Fast or Flying Slow?
Established Member
Gahhhhh, just another vent but man, ya take the time to keep your car looking good for 8 years and 80,000 miles and then one unscrupulous person ruins your day by not dinging, but denting your car and not leaving a note. This will be interesting to see a repair cost on since they dented on a body line.

Still I guess it's better than when someone back into my 01' Saleen S281 and was EVER SO kind to leave a blank piece of paper on my windshield.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516744103539.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516744103539.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 167
  • FB_IMG_1516745764639.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516745764639.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 156

Smokinstang65

Established Member
I just wish there was a camera that would ping me and record the karma.

Six years from now, a *ding* on the phone and Bam, video of the person that hit me tripping over something.

Eric Garttner

Established Member
I just wish there was a camera that would ping me and record the karma.

Six years from now, a *ding* on the phone and Bam, video of the person that hit me tripping over something.

Don't forget the part where they fall flat on their face breaking their nose and bleeding everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
My front fender was tagged not too long ago and was pointed out to me. “When did that happen”. I’m like wtf idk. FBS......

always park in the back by yourself and walk or park where you can only have one car next to you.

Sorry to see this brother. I feel your pain.

Smokinstang65

Established Member
My front fender was tagged not too long ago and was pointed out to me. “When did that happen”. I’m like wtf idk. FBS......

always park in the back by yourself and walk or park where you can only have one car next to you.

Sorry to see this brother. I feel your pain.
Yup yup. Thats my normal routine but its my daily driver and on base there's no real parking out in the boonies. Dadgum base! Gonna be even more careful about who I park next to!

josephcostello

Established Member
I always let me dash cam run in my cobra when I park it and leave it for a while. I try to strategically park so if someone hits me I'll be able to see it on video later. Haven't had an incident yet but I rarely park it in public spaces and I'm super OCD about it. You might try to look into a dashcam (the one I have is great and was $50) and leave it running when you're not in the car. I sometimes leave it on all night and it doesn't even affect the battery

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Snoopy49

Established Member
When I first got my car, I always parked in the empty part of the parking lot. When I got done with my shopping and returned to my car, there would always be at least 2 other cars parked next to me. It always seems that nice always attracts not so nice.

spectreman

Established Member
Back when I still owned my beloved Bullitt, I had to go to testify in a trial. What could be safer than a courthouse parking lot, right?

Amazingly, I found a space on the 2nd floor of the garage, parked and walked away, only to come back an hour or so later to discover some a-hole had sideswiped the entire r. rear corner panel & didn't bother to leave a note or notify security. Probably a $1000 in damage & no recourse for me.

That was wreck #3 for the Bullitt & it's ticket to ride. I swear that car was cursed. But yes, people can be a-holes.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
When I first got my car, I always parked in the empty part of the parking lot. When I got done with my shopping and returned to my car, there would always be at least 2 other cars parked next to me. It always seems that nice always attracts not so nice.

You can also attract nice cars parking in the nose bleeds.

Users who are viewing this thread