• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
So I am finally back in a GT instead of a Mazda, and wanted the car to be louder. It has Flowaster Mufflers on it, but I wanted it to be louder. So I took the H pipe that was on my old car, cut it up and hollowed out the cats... Let me know what you think...

th_GTExhaust_Beta.jpg

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
Thanks guys... I like it too. When the mufflers dropped, they were unbolted cuz I was running the H-pipe, and they were just kind of sitting there on the studs. And the can rolling away was not wxactly planned either... And yes I do agree open stock headers does sound like ass...

I plan on getting longtubes, and a high-flow catted h, so there will be an update to come... hopefully soon!

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
how much louder could you expect it to be with LT's and an O/R H???
that thing sounds sick bro!

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
I'm not really wanting it louder per say, but I'm sure I will enjoy the power gain...

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
99GTtony said:
Sounds good.....your neighbors must love you. Personally mine hate me.

Not only do they look at me funny... I have, on 6 or 7 other occasions, had V8's pull in the driveway and somehow all leave a lot louder then when they pulled in...:shrug: Not to mention all the Harley people that come around with my dad and his bike... Yeah... They just LOVE my family...:burnout:

viper

SVT Wonderer
Established Member
Sounds good, and nice vid!!!
How hard was it too gut the h?
Your gt looks like mine LOL :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
It all sounded like shit.......loud tinny raspy resonation and vibration all over the place...completely sloppy.....if I heard that coming down the street I would just think there goes another "dumb okee from mastokee" that doesn't have a clue what a good quality exhaust sounds like and who thinks that louder equates to faster or meaner.

sounds like shit man...I think you just wasted a good afternoon.

Last edited:

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
viper said:
Sounds good, and nice vid!!!
How hard was it too gut the h?
Your gt looks like mine LOL :thumbsup:

It wasn't hard at all really... I cut between the 2 cats, and used a drill straight down the center. Then just used a flathead screwdriver to flake all the other stuff off from that... My neighbor welded them back up, and I put them on...

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
bmxer53087 said:
I'm not really wanting it louder per say, but I'm sure I will enjoy the power gain...

but how much louder could you "expect" it to be with LT's and no cats....

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
I dunno really... Not too much I guess? Open pipe and open pipe. One is just tuned to flow better... I'll definatly leave an update when I get the LT's put on!

Users who are viewing this thread